Important Information for All Participating
2023 New York State Fair Concessionaires & Exhibitors
General State Fair Terms, Conditions and Information:
- Concession & Exhibit License Rate Structure
- Rate Designation Map
- Concession and Exhibit Agreement Change Form
- Insurance Regulations and Samples Packet
- When purchasing workers comp or disability insurance from the New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF), please indicate you are a vendor at the 2023 New York State Fair. Your coverage should be in force for the duration of the event, August 20 through September 8 (this includes move in/out dates).
- Instructions for Obtaining and Filing a Certificate of Exemption (CE-200)
- NYS Department of Labor Regulations & Standards
State Fair Contract Information:
- APPENDIX A - Standard Clauses for New York State Contracts
- APPENDIX D - General Conditions for Revenue Agreements
- SFS Vendor Self-Service Portal Instructions
State Fair Move-In, Set-Up & Move-Out Details:
2023 Vendor license agreements, payments and all required supporting paperwork for the licensed space must be completed and paid in full before move-in will be allowed.
2023 Fair vendors may make an appointment for early move-in using the links below. If you have any questions or cannot access the link, please contact the Concessions & Exhibits Department at 315.487.7711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OUTDOOR VENDOR EARLY MOVE-IN
• Click here to access the Outdoor Vendor Early Move-In Appointment Request form
Early set-up is welcomed and encouraged for OUTDOOR VENDORS. Licensees may bring their stands, exhibits, trailers, structures, and equipment onto the fairgrounds by appointment starting Wednesday, August 9 through Friday, August 11th and from Monday, August 14 through Saturday, August 19, 2023, 8:30am to 4:30pm. Check to make sure your insurance certificates cover the requested dates.
INDOOR VENDOR EARLY MOVE-IN
• Click here to access the Indoor Vendor Early Move-In Appointment Request form
Early set-up is welcomed and encouraged for INDOOR VENDORS. Pipe and drape will be installed for all vendors in the Center of Progress, Exposition Center, Horticulture Building, and Science & Industry Building. Indoor vendors with large set-ups may request early-move-in by appointment only for the following dates: Monday, August 14 – Friday, August 18, 2023 from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Check to make sure your insurance certificates cover the requested dates.
REGULAR MOVE-IN WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT
Indoor and outdoor vendors may move in without an appointment from August 20 – August 22nd from 8:30 am – 8:30 pm. All vendors are required to check-in at the Fair Admin Building upon coming onto the Fairgrounds to check-in before setting up your booth. A fair staff will accompany you to your booth space to ensure vendors set-up in the correct space.
- All buildings and grounds will be open and ready for move-in and set-up on Sunday, August 20, 2023 to Tuesday, August 22 from 8:00am to 8:00pm. Arrival after 8pm will require permission and an appointment.
- All Concessionaires and Exhibitors (except for those occupying permanent structures) shall first check-in with the Concessions and Exhibits Office at the Administration Building. A representative from the Concessions and Exhibits Office will guide vendors to their designated location.
- Vehicles may not be driven into Fair exhibit buildings - this includes the Center of Progress, Horticulture Building, Eatery, Science & Industry Building and Dairy Products Building.
- No vendor, sponsor, decorator, etc. shall be authorized to utilize New York State Fair equipment (platform lifts, forklifts, etc.). If vendors, sponsors, etc. require such equipment for set up or take down of booths, displays, etc., such equipment must be brought in at the vendor or sponsor’s expense with prior approval from the New York State Fair. The vendor, sponsor, etc. shall be responsible for the safe use of such equipment and adherence to all OSHA rules governing the use of such equipment.
- All pallets must be removed from the grounds by the start of the Fair. Vendors will be assessed a charge of $20.00 each for pallets removed by New York State Fair staff.
- In the event any concessionaire or exhibitor fails to occupy a leased space by 8:00 pm, Tuesday, August 22, 2023, Sate Fair Management may terminate the contract unless prior permission has been obtained. No refund will be made in such a case, and the Fair will be authorized to reallocate said space to another Concessionaire or Exhibitor.
- All exhibits and displays must remain open and in place until close of business Monday, September 4, 2023, Labor Day (this is 9:00 pm - closing includes buildings, outside locations, beer, wine, and distilled spirits sales). Indoor and outdoor concessionaires and exhibitors will be monitored by State Fair personnel on Monday, September 4, 2023. Dismantling of Licensee’s concession/exhibit area before 9:00pm in buildings and outside locations is prohibited.
- Early dismantling of a concession/exhibit area will be taken into consideration for future Exhibit License Agreements with the New York State Fair.
- Vehicles are not allowed on the Fairgrounds until 11:00pm on Monday, September 4, 2023. The New York State Police and New York State Fair Security will enforce this policy.
- For move-out, all buildings will be open from 8:30am to 4:30pm only on Tuesday, September 5 and Wednesday, September 6 following Labor Day. There will be NO access to buildings after 4:30pm.
- Congestion in the buildings at the time of move-out can be kept at a minimum if no vehicles with trailers are brought into the building and only one vehicle per exhibit is used.
- Cooperation among vendors is expected and appreciated.
- Because the grounds are leased immediately after the New York State Fair, all of Licensee’s belongings must be removed from the Fairgrounds by 4:30 pm, Wednesday, September 6, 2023, or the remaining items will be removed by the Fair at the Licensee’s expense.
- Vendors are responsible for assuring that all propane tanks are removed from the Fairgrounds by 4:30pm, Wednesday, September 6, 2023.
- Outside Concessionaires and Exhibitors will be held responsible for the timely removal of rented tents. All such tents must be removed by Friday, September 8, 2023.
- At the time of move-out, it shall be the vendors responsibility to take all trash and carboard to the proper receptacles and leave their site as clean as they found it. Violations will result in fines, future consideration, etc.
Deliveries Before the Fair:
Any deliveries made to Licensee at the fairgrounds prior to the commencement of the State Fair shall adhere to the following:
- Access to the fairgrounds for deliveries (e.g. Licensee’s equipment etc.), shall be from State Fair Blvd. to Gate 7, proceed to Gate 11, follow back road around the fairgrounds to the rear loading dock of the Center of Progress Building.
- If merchandise or equipment is shipped to the fairgrounds for use at the State Fair (e.g. UPS, FedEx, United States Post Office), Licensee must ensure that Licensee or Licensee’s representative is onsite at the fairgrounds to receive the delivery. New York State Fair staff cannot accept Licensee’s deliveries. If it is not possible for Licensee or Licensee’s representative to be onsite to accept delivery, Licensee should make arrangements for the cartage/shipping company to hold Licensee’s shipment(s) at its local office until Licensee contacts them with an exact location, date, and time when Licensee will be at the fairgrounds to accept
- Food vendors must ensure food deliveries are kept safe, secure and temperature controlled as per DOH laws, rules, and regulations.
Packages delivered to Licensee at the fairgrounds must be labeled as follows to ensure delivery in a timely manner:
Licensee’s business name (as it appears on Licensee’s agreement Cover Page)
c/o the New York State Fair
Licensee’s assigned exhibit building, if applicable
Licensee’s assigned site number(s)
581 State Fair Blvd., Syracuse, NY 13209
State Fair Vendor Fire Extinguisher Training:
• Monday, August 21 at TBA – Art & Home Center Theatre
• Tuesday, August 22 at 9:00am, 10:00am, 11:00am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm – Art & Home Center Theatre
• Wednesday, August 23 at 10:00am & 11:00am – Fire House by Maintenance Office
New York State Health Department Food Permit Information:
Address: 217 South Salina Street • Syracuse, New York 13202
Phone Numbers: Main Office • 315.477.8166 Officer on Duty • 315.477.8500 Fax • 315.477.8581
New York State Office of Fire Prevention & Control Information:
Address: 333 East Washington Street - Room 513 • Syracuse, New York 13202
Phone Numbers: Main Office • 315.428.3261 Fax • 315.428.3293
• New York State Building Standards and Codes
• Fire Code of NYS » Sec. 319 - Mobile Food Preparation Vehicles
• Fire Code of NYS » Sec. 607 - Commercial Kitchen Hoods
• Fire Code of NYS » Sec. 904.12 - Alternative Automatic Fire Systems (Commercial Cooking Systems)
• Fire Code of NYS » Sec. 906.4 - Portable Fire Extinguishers (Cooking Equipment Fires)
New York State DEC Polystyrene Foam Ban Information:
The NYS DEC continues to educate affected audiences about New York's polystyrene foam ban, known as the Expanded Polystyrene Foam Container and Loose Fill Packaging Ban, that began on Jan. 1, 2022.
Fact sheets and DEC’s reference guide are listed below. The reference guide (in English and Spanish) lists and explains different compliant, alternative containers and packaging.
Additional information is available online at: http://on.ny.gov/FoamFreeNY.