The 10th Mountain Division’s rock band, Avalanche, and fast-rising indie pop band NONEWFRIENDS are among several regional performers chosen to perform on the biggest stages at the 2022 Great New York State Fair.
They join roots and blues outfit The Ripcords, rockers The Jess Novak Band, classic rock cover band Infinity, veteran country/rock group Tink Bennett & Tailor Made and rock outfit Tionesta in rounding out the lineup on the Fair’s Chevy Court and Chevy Park stages.
Avalanche is set to take the Chevy Court stage Sunday, August 28 at 1 p.m.. Part of the historic Army Division stationed at Fort Drum, the band brings the noise as they perform a repertoire of genres spanning different decades. The band performs at schools, military events, summer concert series and many other places.
NONEWFRIENDS will perform at 2 p.m. on the Chevy Park stage one week later, on Sunday, September 4. The band formed at Syracuse University, playing soulful indie pop, and quickly caught attention nationwide. The group’s second EP arrives this fall, and the band has just returned from tour dates on the West Coast.
State Fair interim Director Sean Hennessey said, “As much as we love bringing in big name national performers, it’s just as important to highlight the amazing quality of music you can see on any given night around Upstate New York. We’re proud to be able to showcase these great talents.”
Other regional bands that will take the Fair’s Main Stages include:
- The Ripcords will play at 1 p.m. on the Chevy Court stage Saturday, August 27. The Ripcords, fronted by cousins Rex Lyons and Irv Lyons, Jr., have won numerous Syracuse Area Music Awards and have been nominated several times for Native American Music Awards for their danceable mix of blues, roots, and Latin music.
- Tink Bennett & Tailor Made will play at 2 p.m. on the Chevy Park stage Saturday, August 27. The veteran band from Cortland has opened for many big country music stars and specializes in covers of today’s hot country hits along with classic rock songs.
- Infinity is set to perform at 2 p.m. on the Chevy Park stage Monday, August 29. Infinity covers the greatest rock hits of the 70s and 80s.
- The Jess Novak Band will play at 2 p.m. on the Chevy Park stage on Women’s Day, Wednesday, August 31. Jess Novak’s vocals soar over a tight, muscular rock and soul band that together has won several Syracuse Area Music Awards and recorded several albums and EPs.
- Tionesta is set to perform at 1 p.m. on Chevy Court on Wednesday, August 31. This Baltimore-based rock band has some local roots, in Syracuse bassist Bryant Roesch. They played a well-received set at the Fair in 2021.
- NONEWFRIENDS, set to play at 2 p.m. on the Chevy Park stage Sunday, September 4. The band formed at Syracuse University, playing soulful indie pop, and quickly caught attention nationwide. The group’s second EP arrives this fall, and the band has just returned from dates on the West Coast.
All concerts in the Chevrolet Music Series are free with Fair admission.
For ease of planning, the Chevy Park Experience stage is located at the rear of the Fairgrounds, and Chevy Court is located at the front of the Fairgrounds, not far from The Main Gate. The full schedule of concerts for the Chevrolet Music Series at the 2022 Fair can be found on the Fair’s website, on the pages dedicated to Chevy Park and Chevy Court concerts.
Founded in 1841, the Great New York State Fair showcases the best of New York agriculture, provides top-quality entertainment and is a key piece of the state’s CNY Rising strategy of growing the Central New York economy through tourism. The 2022 Fair begins Wednesday, August 24, and continues through Monday, September 5.
The New York State Fairgrounds is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. Audiences are encouraged to learn more about the Great New York State Fair online, and follow the fun on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Guests are invited to see photos from the Fair on Flickr and ideas are always welcome. New Yorkers are encouraged to send suggestions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.