The New York State Fair is proud to support the efforts of organizations and is pleased to consider a donation request from eligible organizations.
We offer an online request form to download to assist your organization in submitting a donation request. This form will help provide a more timely response to requests through electronic communication.
Please note the following information on our donation program:
- The Fair only makes donations to organizations that are certified as non-profit under section 501(c)(3) of the Federal Internal Revenue Code. The Fair requires the IRS's determination letter as proof of 501(c)(3) status.
- Our customary donation is eight daily admission tickets - valid for any day of the 2017 State Fair.
- Requests must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the event date to allow time to review your information.
- One request per organization will be accepted within a calendar year.
- Requests are filled on a first come, first serve basis. Since the New York State Fair has a limited allocation of admission tickets for donations, and due to the large volume of requests that are received, it may not be possible to support all requests.
- Tickets will only be released to the requesting organization. Your organization will be responsible for delivering donated admission tickets to individuals.
- Donations are issued electronically from the State Fair’s Administration Office (unless other arrangements have been made).
- Tickets for concerts or other special events are not available for donation. The New York State Fair does not make monetary donations.
- All requests will be filled at the discretion of the New York State Fair. Submitting a request does not guarantee a donation.
Prior to beginning the application process, we recommend that you have on hand the information listed below:
- Your organization’s legal name. This could be the name of a DBA, or a chapter that operates under the national organization’s Federal EIN number and 501(c)(3) status.
- Your 501(c)(3) non-profit U.S. Tax ID number (EIN), or for schools, your NCES ID. If you do not know your organization’s U.S. Tax ID number (EIN), you can contact the IRS toll-free at: 1.877.829.5500. If you do not know your NCES ID you can visit the NCES website.
- The name of the organization’s Executive Director, CEO, Principal or other lead executive.
- Your organization’s current address, primary telephone, and email information.
- Name and description of the event you are requesting support for and event date.
- IRS Determination letter.
If you have additional questions or need more information about our donation program,
please contact the New York State Fair at (315) 487-7711 ext. 1242