Admission tickets and Midway ride vouchers for the 2019 Great New York State Fair go on sale at 6 a.m. Monday, July 8 at the Fair’s official online sales site and at selected retail locations across Upstate New York. Advance sale admission tickets remain $6, with tickets also available online for the Fair’s two $3 Thursdays and the Dollar Days on opening day and Labor Day. Children 12 and under are admitted free every day.
Vouchers for ride-all-day wristbands on the Wade Shows Midway can also be bought online for $20 for a weekday voucher and $25 for a voucher good any day, including weekends. Wade Shows also offers the Mega Pass, which allows a fairgoer to ride all day, every day of the Fair for $70, here.
“We’re planning our best-ever Fair this year, with new activities, new free entertainment and the most diverse lineup of musical acts in our long history. We’re going to be, as our slogan says, ‘Beyond Great,’ and every New Yorker should circle at least one date to visit the biggest and best state fair in the east,” said Troy Waffner, Fair Director.
Discounted $6 admission tickets can be bought at certain retail outlets across New York State. Some outlets also sell $20 weekday Midway ride-all-day vouchers. Outlets selling both include:
- Wegmans Food Markets (Midway vouchers available only at Central New York stores);
- Price Chopper;
- Tops Markets;
- Green Hills Farms;
- Nichols Supermarket;
- Nojaim Bros. – Marcellus;
- Seneca Knolls Big M.
Outlets selling only $6 advance sale admissions include:
- P&C Fresh – Cortland area;
- Pit Stop Convenience Stores;
- Solvay Bank;
- Shurfine stores in Weedsport and Union Springs.
There are many special promotional days that increase the affordability of the Fair. Among the days of free admission for certain groups are:
- Family Fishing Days, Thursday, August 22 and Saturday, August 24 for anyone presenting a valid New York hunting or fishing license;
- Canadian Friendship Days, Thursday - Sunday, August 22 - 25 for any Canadian citizen or resident with proper ID;
- Senior Days, Monday - Wednesday, August 26-28 for those age 60 and above;
- Law Enforcement Day, Monday, August 26 for any active or retired law enforcement or corrections personnel with proper photo ID or an active badge;
- Fire & Rescue Day, Tuesday, August 27 for any active or retired fire or emergency services personnel with proper photo ID;
- Armed Forces Day, Thursday, August 29 for any active member of the military with proper photo ID or any retired member with proper photo ID or DD-214;
- Student Day, Friday, August 30 for anyone age 18 or under;
- Native Americans Day, Friday, August 30 for members of Native American tribes who enter through Gate 4.
Other special event days carry discounted admission of $1, including:
- College Student Days, every day of the Fair, for any enrolled college student with proper photo ID;
- Biker Appreciation Day, Saturday, August 24 for fairgoers who arrive on motorcycles and show a proper motorcycle license at the gate, with free parking in the Gray parking lot;
- Bike to the Fair Day, Sunday, August 25 for anyone who rides a bicycle to a Fair admission gate;
- Women’s Day, Wednesday, August 28 for all women;
- Comic Con at the Fair Day, Wednesday, August 28 for anyone wearing a costume to a Fair gate;
- Orange Day, Saturday, August 31 for anyone wearing Syracuse University apparel, in honor of the team’s season-opening game that day.
Other special event days may be added. Check the Fair’s Special Days page for details.
A ticket from any 2019 concert at the St. Joseph’s Health Amphitheater at Lakeview can be used for one free admission to the Fair. In addition, there are two money-saving opportunities on the Wade Shows Midway. On Midway Monday, August 26, fairgoers can purchase a wristband good for 10 rides for $10. On Labor Day, all Midway rides are $1. The Broadway Skyliner is not included. Wristbands are not recommended for children under 36" as there are a limited number of rides they can safely ride. Parents with children under 48" should check the height requirements before purchasing to make an informed decision about whether wristbands are the best value for their children. Height requirements for the rides can be found here.
No refunds, discounts or adjustments will be given for tickets used on discounted or free admission days. Unused tickets from prior fairs will not be accepted for admission.
Founded in 1841, the Great New York State Fair is America’s third largest state fair. The Fair showcases the best of New York agriculture, provides top-quality entertainment and is a key piece of Governor Cuomo’s CNY Rising strategy of growing the Central New York economy through tourism. Fair attendance is up more than 40% since the beginning of more than $120 million in investments, with 1.27 million people attending the Fair in 2018. The 2019 Fair runs from August 21 to September 2. Information about the Fair can be found here.
The New York State Fairgrounds is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available here. Find the Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, on Snapchat at nysfair and enjoy photos from the Fair on Flickr. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at firstname.lastname@example.org.