Boy George & Culture Club, whose musical repertoire spans more than 40 years, will return to the Great New York State Fair on Tuesday, August 30. Culture Club will perform at the Chevy Park Stage at 8 p.m.
Perhaps best known for “Karma Chameleon” and “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me,” the band is comprised of Boy George (lead vocals), Ron Hay (keyboards and guitar) and Mikey Craig (bass guitar). Culture Club rose to fame in the early 1980s with a string of top ten hits that charted in the United States and the United Kingdom. The trio’s most recent New York State Fair performance was in 2016 at Chevy Court.
“Culture Club will get fairgoers dancing with their contagious, light pop sound,” said interim Fair Director Sean Hennessey. “We’re looking forward to bringing their contagious energy back, and what a pleasure it is to be able to add this fun, colorful bunch to our diverse line-up.”
All concerts in the Chevrolet Music Series are free with Fair admission. Concerts performed at the Chevy Park stage in the New York Experience Festival Grounds (formerly known as The Experience Stage) are located at the rear of the Fairgrounds, beyond the Midway. All concerts at the Fair are sponsored by Chevrolet.
To date, Chevrolet Music Festival concerts announced include:
- Jimmie Allen, 6 p.m. August 24, Chevy Court stage
- Chevelle, 8 p.m. August 24, Chevy Park stage
- Great White, 6 p.m. August 25, Chevy Court stage
- The Art of Rap featuring Ice-T, 8 p.m. August 25, Chevy Park stage
- Niko Moon, 6 p.m. August 26, Chevy Court stage
- TLC, 8 p.m. August 26, Chevy Park stage
- Tesla, 6 p.m. August 27, Chevy Court stage
- Foreigner, 8 p.m. August 28, Chevy Park stage
- Boyz II Men, 8 p.m. August 29, Chevy Park stage
- Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone, 1 p.m. August 30, Chevy Court stage
- Big & Rich with Cowboy Troy, 6 p.m. August 30, Chevy Court stage
- Nelly, 8 p.m. August 31, Chevy Park stage
- Alex Miller, 1 p.m. September 1, Chevy Court stage
- Riley Green, 8 p.m. September 1, Chevy Park stage
- Tai Verdes, 1 p.m. September 2, Chevy Court stage
- Gin Blossoms, 6 p.m. September 2, Chevy Court stage
- 24KGoldn, 8 p.m. September 2, Chevy Park stage
- COIN, 2 p.m. September 3, Chevy Park stage
- Dropkick Murphys, 8 p.m. September 3, Chevy Park stage
- City Girls, 8 p.m. September 4, Chevy Park stage
- Resurrection, a Journey tribute band, 1 p.m., Chevy Park stage
- Night Ranger, 4 p.m. September 5, Chevy Court stage
Founded in 1841, the Great New York State Fair showcases the best of New York agriculture, provides top-quality entertainment and is a key piece of the state’s CNY Rising strategy of growing the Central New York economy through tourism. The 2022 Fair begins Wednesday, August 24, and continues through Monday, September 5.
The New York State Fairgrounds is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. Audiences are encouraged to learn more about the Great New York State Fair online, and follow the fun on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Guests are invited to see photos from the Fair on Flickr and ideas are always welcome. New Yorkers are encouraged to send suggestions via email to email@example.com.