A “Sunset Carousel” is the subject of his newest summer single, and later this month, country music singer-songwriter David Nail will return to a summer setting that features a carousel, along with many other exciting Midway sights. David Nail, who played for fans at Chevy Court in 2011, will perform on Thursday, August 25 at 2 p.m. at Chevy Park.
David Nail first climbed the country charts in the early 2000s. Fairgoers might recognize hits including “Let it Rain,” “Whatever She’s Got,” and “Good at Tonight.”
In 2019, the Grammy-nominated multi-platinum artist released a solo, independent EP “Oh, Mother.” This was followed by “Bootheel 2020” and “Bootheel 2021,” projects dedicated to his hometown, Kennett, Missouri, located in the “bootheel” of the state.
“While we’re excited we get to highlight the talents of new country artists including ERNEST and Alex Miller, we know fairgoers appreciate it when country veterans like David Nail take the stage - especially knowing how much they enjoyed his 2011 performance,” said interim Fair Director Sean Hennessey. “David Nail is well-respected in the songwriting world, and he’s a fixture on country radio stations across the country. It’s great to have him back here to play in Central New York.”
All concerts in the Chevrolet Music Series are free with Fair admission. Tickets – just $3 – are on sale now at the State Fair’s website. All concerts at the Fair are sponsored by Chevrolet. The Chevy Park Stage is located in the rear of the Fairgrounds, in the New York Experience area.
To date, Chevrolet Music Festival concerts announced include:
- Steven Page, 1 p.m. August 24, Chevy Court stage
- PLUSH, 2 p.m., August 24, Chevy Park stage
- Jimmie Allen, 6 p.m. August 24, Chevy Court stage
- Chevelle, 8 p.m. August 24, Chevy Park stage
- Great White, 6 p.m. August 25, Chevy Court stage
- The Art of Rap featuring Ice-T, 8 p.m. August 25, Chevy Park stage
- Jeff Rosenstock, 1 p.m. August 26, Chevy Court stage
- Niko Moon, 6 p.m. August 26, Chevy Court stage
- TLC, 8 p.m. August 26, Chevy Park stage
- Tesla, 6 p.m. August 27, Chevy Court stage
- Bryce Vine, 6 p.m. August 28, Chevy Court Stage
- Foreigner, 8 p.m. August 28, Chevy Park stage
- Chubby Checker, 1 p.m. August 29, Chevy Court stage
- Max Weinberg, 6 p.m., August 29, Chevy Court stage
- Boyz II Men, 8 p.m. August 29, Chevy Park stage
- Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone, 1 p.m. August 30, Chevy Court stage
- Big & Rich with Cowboy Troy, 6 p.m. August 30, Chevy Court stage
- Boy George & Culture Club, 8 p.m. August 30, Chevy Park stage
- Nelly, 8 p.m. August 31, Chevy Park stage
- Alex Miller, 1 p.m., September 1, Chevy Court stage
- 38 Special, 6 p.m., September 1, Chevy Court stage
- Riley Green, 8 p.m. September 1, Chevy Park stage
- Tai Verdes, 1 p.m. September 2, Chevy Court stage
- Lizzy McAlpine, 2 p.m., September 2, Chevy Park stage
- Gin Blossoms, 6 p.m. September 2, Chevy Court stage
- 24KGoldn, 8 p.m. September 2, Chevy Park stage
- COIN, 2 p.m. September 3, Chevy Park stage
- Dropkick Murphys, 8 p.m. September 3, Chevy Park stage
- Midnight Star (Headlining Annual FunkFest), 8:30 p.m. Chevy Court stage
- City Girls, 8 p.m. September 4, Chevy Park stage
- Resurrection – A Journey Tribute Band, 1 p.m., Chevy Park stage
- Night Ranger, 4 p.m. September 5, Chevy Court stage
- Dire Straits Legacy, 6 p.m. September 5, Chevy Park stage
Founded in 1841, the Great New York State Fair showcases the best of New York agriculture, provides top-quality entertainment and is a key piece of the state’s CNY Rising strategy of growing the Central New York economy through tourism. The 2022 Fair begins Wednesday, August 24, and continues through Monday, September 5.
The New York State Fairgrounds is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. Audiences are encouraged to learn more about the Great New York State Fair online, and follow the fun on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Guests are invited to see photos from the Fair on Flickr and ideas are always welcome. New Yorkers are encouraged to send suggestions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.