London-based Dire Straits Legacy’s last stop on its summer tour will also close out the Chevrolet Music Series at the Great New York State Fair on Labor Day. The eight-member band will take the Chevy Park stage at 6 p.m. on Monday, September 5.
Dire Straits burst onto the pop rock music scene in the late 1970s, and performed through the 1980s and into the 1990s, amassing hits including “Romeo & Juliet,” “Money for Nothing” and “Walk of Life.” Later, in 2015, some of the group’s members reunited as Dire Straits Legacy to resurrect the music that established Dire Straits as legendary British rockers.
This performance will be the band’s first performance at the Fair. The crew was originally scheduled to perform on August 24, 2021, but postponed due to travel restrictions.
“The musical career of Dire Straits spans nearly 45-years, and what a treat it is for our team to finally be able to bring them to the Fair,” said interim Fair Director Sean Hennessey. “Plus, what better way to close out the 2022 Fair Concert Season than with a show that appeals to multiple generations?”
All concerts in the Chevrolet Music Series are free with Fair admission. Concerts performed at the Chevy Park stage in the New York Experience Festival Grounds (formerly known as The Experience Stage) are located at the rear of the Fairgrounds, beyond the Midway. All concerts at the Fair are sponsored by Chevrolet.
Chevrolet Music Festival concerts announced to date include:
- Jimmie Allen, 6 p.m. August 24, Chevy Court stage
- Chevelle, 8 p.m. August 24, Chevy Park stage
- Great White, 6 p.m., August 24, Chevy Park stage
- The Art of Rap featuring Ice-T, 8 p.m. August 25, Chevy Park stage
- Niko Moon, 6 p.m. August 26, Chevy Court stage
- TLC, 8 p.m. August 26, Chevy Park stage
- Tesla, 6 p.m., August 27, Chevy Court stage
- Foreigner, 8 p.m. August 28, Chevy Park stage
- Chubby Checker, 1 p.m., August 29, Chevy Court stage
- Boyz II Men, 8 p.m. August 29, Chevy Park stage
- Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone, 1 p.m. August 30, Chevy Court stage
- Big & Rich with Cowboy Troy, 6 p.m. August 30, Chevy Court stage
- Nelly, 8 p.m. August 31, Chevy Park stage
- Alex Miller, 1 p.m. September 1, Chevy Court stage
- 38 Special, 6 p.m. September 1, Chevy Court stage
- Riley Green, 8 p.m. September 1, Chevy Park stage
- Tai Verdes, 1 p.m. September 2, Chevy Court stage
- Gin Blossoms, 6 p.m. September 2, Chevy Court stage
- 24KGoldn, 8 p.m. September 2, Chevy Park stage
- COIN, 2 p.m. September 3, Chevy Park stage
- Dropkick Murphys, 8 p.m. September 3, Chevy Park stage
- Midnight Star (Headlining Annual FunkFest), 8:30 p.m. Chevy Court stage
- City Girls, 8 p.m. September 4, Chevy Park stage
- Resurrection – A Journey Tribute Band, 1 p.m., Chevy Park stage
- Night Ranger, 4 p.m. September 5, Chevy Court stage
Founded in 1841, the Great New York State Fair showcases the best of New York agriculture, provides top-quality entertainment and is a key piece of the state’s CNY Rising strategy of growing the Central New York economy through tourism. The 2022 Fair begins Wednesday, August 24, and continues through Monday, September 5.
The New York State Fairgrounds is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. Audiences are encouraged to learn more about the Great New York State Fair online, and follow the fun on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Guests are invited to see photos from the Fair on Flickr and ideas are always welcome. New Yorkers are encouraged to send suggestions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.