DJ Khaled, whose album “Grateful” soared to the top of the Billboard album charts this summer, will bring his music and his social media-ready personality to the stage at Chevy Court at the Great New York State Fair on Saturday, August 26 at 2 p.m., Acting Fair Director Troy Waffner announced today.
Khaled Mohamed Khaled turned his teenaged love for music into his life’s work, first becoming a successful DJ, then a producer and owner of a major record label. His collaboration with dozens of artists, including Rick Ross, Drake, Future and Nas has resulted in 10 albums, all of which broke the top 15 on the Billboard album charts. His last two albums, “Major Key” and “Grateful,” hit #1. “Grateful” spawned two massive singles: “Wild Thoughts,” featuring Rihanna and Bryson Tiller, and the mega-hit “I’m The One,” featuring Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper and Lil Wayne, which soared to #1 around the world. His popular Snapchat channel features inspirational messages and scenes from his life.
“DJ Khaled’s been making music for a long time and he’s at the peak of his skills. This is a show that fans of hip hop are going to want to see. We’re proud to add this show to our lineup, which is easily our best and most diverse ever,” said Waffner.
Previously announced shows on Chevy Court include:
- Robert Randolph and the Family Band, 2 p.m., August 23
- 3 Doors Down, 8 p.m., August 23
- The Family Stone, 2 p.m., August 24
- Chevelle, 8 p.m., August 24
- The Fabulous Thunderbirds, 2 p.m., August 25
- The Beach Boys, 7 p.m., August 25
- Post Malone, 2 p.m., August 27
- Earth Wind & Fire, 8 p.m., August 27
- Peter Noone, 2 p.m., August 28
- Kansas, 8 p.m., August 28
- The Marshall Tucker Band, 2 p.m., August 29
- Daya, 8 p.m., August 29
- Taylor Dayne, 2 p.m., August 30
- Bret Michaels, 8 p.m., August 30
- LeAnn Rimes, 8 p.m., August 31
- Blue Öyster Cult, 8 p.m., September 1
- Spin Doctors, 2 p.m., September 3
- Migos, 8 p.m., September 3
- UB40, 1 p.m., September 4
Concerts at Chevy Court are sponsored by Chevrolet.
The New York State Fair, operated by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, runs from August 23 to September 4, 2017. The Fair's mission, reflected in its theme, "FIND YOUR GREAT," is to showcase the best of New York agriculture while providing top-quality entertainment.
The home of the Great New York State Fair is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available on the Fair’s website. Find The Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, on Snapchat at nysfair and enjoy photos from the Fair at Flickr.com/photos/nysfair. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at email@example.com.