DSL* Dire Straits Legacy, which features musicians who performed and recorded with the band during its days atop the world’s music charts plus top class musicians such as Trevor Horn, will perform at the 2021 Great New York State Fair as part of the Chevrolet Music Festival. The show will take place on the Chevy Park stage on Tuesday, August 24 at a time to be announced. All concerts are free with $3 Fair admission.
“DSL* Dire Straits Legacy brings the music of the band to life through the musicians who first made it. This is a rare chance for fans to enjoy this classic band’s music the way it was meant to be heard,” said Troy Waffner, Fair Director.
DSL*Dire Straits Legacy joins a lineup of more than 50 national touring shows presented in the Chevrolet Music Festival, the largest free music festival at any state fair in America. Shows announced to date include:
- Nas, Friday, August 20 at 8 p.m.
- 98 Degrees, Saturday, August 21 at 2 p.m.
- RATT, Saturday, August 21 with time to be announced
- Brothers Osborne, Sunday, August 22, 8 p.m.
- Bishop Briggs, Monday, August 23 with time to be announced.
- Foreigner, Monday, August 23 at 8 p.m.
- REO Speedwagon, Wednesday, August 25 at 8 p.m.
- Three Dog Night, Thursday, August 26 with time to be announced
- Sister Sledge, Friday, August 27 at 2 p.m.
- Melissa Etheridge, Friday, August 27 at 8 p.m.
- Vixen and Great White, Saturday, August 28 with time to be announced.
- Dropkick Murphys, Sunday, August 29 at 8 p.m.
- The Oak Ridge Boys, Tuesday, August 31 at 2 p.m.
- Halestorm, Tuesday, August 31 at 8 p.m.
Based on current state guidance, concerts are likely to take place on the Chevy Park stage in the New York Experience festival grounds.
Chevrolet sponsors concerts at the Great New York State Fair.
Thanks to the successful efforts of New Yorkers to battle COVID-19, the Fair will be open with no restrictions on attendance. Safety guidance can change and prospective fairgoers are advised to follow the Fair’s social media sites, sign up for the Fair’s email newsletter, or closely follow the Fair’s website to get the latest developments.
Founded in 1841, the Great New York State Fair is America’s third largest state fair. The Fair showcases the best of New York agriculture, provides top-quality entertainment and is a key piece of Governor Cuomo’s CNY Rising strategy of growing the Central New York economy through tourism. Fair attendance is up more than 46% since the beginning of more than $120 million in investments, with 1.33 million people attending the Fair in 2019. The 2021 Fair runs from August 20 to September 6.
The New York State Fairgrounds is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. Find the Great New York State Fair on its website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and enjoy photos from the Fair on Flickr. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair to firstname.lastname@example.org.