Grace Potter returns to the Great New York State Fair’s Chevrolet Music Festival for the first time in six years, performing with her band at 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 22 on the Chevy Court stage. Potter last played here with her former band, The Nocturnals, which was formed in St. Lawrence County, in 2013. Performances of the Chevrolet Music Festival at Chevy Court and on the Experience Stage are free with Fair admission.
“We’re thrilled to welcome Grace Potter back. She’s one of rock’s great and most powerful singers. She blew the crowd away the last time she was here and it’s a safe bet she’ll do it again,” said Fair Director Troy Waffner.
Grace Potter joins a lineup of exciting and diverse performers that includes:
- Bad Company, 8 p.m., August 21
- Lindsey Stirling, 8 p.m., August 23
- Jimmie Allen, 2 p.m., August 25
- Dropkick Murphys, 8 p.m., August 25
- Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone, 2 p.m., August 26
- Midland, 8 p.m., August 26
- The Mavericks, 2 p.m., August 28
- Why Don’t We, 2 p.m., August 29
- Vince Neil of Motley Crue, 8 p.m., August 29
- Granger Smith, 8 p.m., August 30
- Theory of a Deadman, 8 p.m., August 31
- The Roots, 8 p.m., September 1
- lovelytheband, 1 p.m., September 2
- Gavin DeGraw, 6 p.m., September 2
At the Experience Stage:
- Grand Funk Railroad, 7 p.m., August 21
- Jackyl, 7 p.m., August 24
- Pop Evil, 7 p.m., August 25
- 38 Special, 7 p.m., August 27
- Rick Springfield, 7 p.m., August 31
Over the Fair’s 13 days, the Chevrolet Music Festival at Chevy Court and at the New York Experience Stage will feature more than two dozen national touring group performances in diverse genres. Chevrolet sponsors the performances on both stages.
Founded in 1841, the Great New York State Fair is America’s third largest state fair. The Fair showcases the best of New York agriculture, provides top-quality entertainment and is a key piece of Governor Cuomo’s CNY Rising strategy of growing the Central New York economy through tourism. Fair attendance is up more than 40% since the beginning of more than $120 million in investments, with 1.27 million people attending the Fair in 2018. The 2019 Fair runs from August 21 to September 2. Information about the Fair can be found here.
The New York State Fairgrounds is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available here. Find the Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, and enjoy photos from the Fair on Flickr. New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at email@example.com.