With Just Over 100 Days until Opening Day at the Fair, Special Promotion Highlights Some of the Most Popular Food and Drinks Found at the Fair
The Great New York State Fair today announced the launch of the first-ever “Fair Food Four Pack” sale. With just over 100 days until opening day at the Fair, this special promotion highlights some of the Fair’s most popular food and drinks while providing fairgoers who love eating at the Great New York State Fair a chance to save money on some of their favorite items. The Fair “Fair Food Four Pack” sale starts at 6 a.m. Friday, May 12 via the Fair’s online ticket seller, etix.com.
The Fair is offering four $5 vouchers, worth $20, that can be redeemed for delicious eats at select Fair restaurants. The four pack also includes four coupons good for cups of perfectly chilled white or chocolate milk at the Milk Bar in the Dairy Products Building and four coupons good for $1 baked potatoes with all the toppings at the Fair’s signature Great Potato Booth in the Horticulture Building. The package’s value is $25 and will be sold for $15, plus credit card and etix fees of 34 cents per four pack. There are only 3,000 four packs available, with a limit of two four packs per customer.
“The number one reason people give us for coming to the Fair is to enjoy the food. This new sale celebrates that and helps make some of the Fair favorites more affordable for people. With just over 100 days to go to opening day and excitement building for the 2017 Great New York State Fair, I think these four packs will go quickly, so I wouldn’t wait to buy one,” said Troy Waffner, Acting Fair Director.
Four packs are only available online, at https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/3010817/fair-food-four-pack-syracuse-new-york-state-fair. Buyers will receive a voucher that they can print at home. Buyers then bring the voucher to the new Guest Relations center inside the Main Gate to receive their food, milk and potato coupons.
The $5 food vouchers are good at the following restaurants:
- Big Villa Lemonade Stands - five locations
- Cahoots Ale House - Restaurant Row
- Catering by The Oaks - Horticulture Building
- Charlie's - the Colonnade
- Daniella’s – near Gate 4
- Doug’s Fish Fry – Horticulture Building
- Grandma's Kitchen - International Building
- Gianelli Sausage and the Dinosaur BBQ – Chevy Court
- Haddock's Paddock - Restaurant Row
- Hofbrauhaus – International Building
- Horan’s – Restaurant Row
- International Spiedies – International Building
- Jimmy B's - between Poultry & Dairy Cattle Buildings
- JJ's - Restaurant Row
- King Tut’s – International Building
- Large Villa Ice Cream Cones - two locations
- New York Deli – International Building
- Papa's Pizza - International Building
- Pig & The Potato - International Building
- P-Z-O's Restaurant - Restaurant Row
- Seafood Tavern - between the Poultry & Dairy Cattle buildings
- Tommy C's - near Gate 4
- Tiki Turtle - the Colonnade
- Twin Trees Restaurant – between the Poultry & Dairy Cattle buildings
- Tully's - outside the International Building
- Villa Pizze Fritte - outside the International Building
- West End Bar & Grill - across from the FFA Barn
- Ye Old Ox Roast - between the Poultry & Dairy Cattle buildings
The list of participating restaurants is subject to change. A current list can be found at https://nysfair.ny.gov/4pack/.
About the Great New York State Fair
The New York State Fair, operated by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, runs from August 23 to September 4, 2017. The Fair's mission, reflected in its theme, "Find Your Great...," is to showcase the best of New York agriculture while providing top-quality entertainment.
The 375-acre New York State Fairgrounds is undergoing the most significant transformation since it first opened its gates in 1890. The $50 million plan, announced by Governor Andrew M. Cuomo, revitalizes the grounds in many ways, improving the quality of the fairgoer’s experience and providing greater economic benefits for the region. Improvements include the dramatic new Main Gate— the arches of which recall the carriage gate that greeted fairgoers in 1900, a larger, 15-acre Wade Shows Midway that will hold more rides than ever, and the brand new 315-site Empire RV Park with underground water, sewer and electrical service. The plan will better position the New York State Fairgrounds as a premier year-round, multi-use facility that can attract more events and visitors from across the nation. Renderings can be viewed here.
A year-round schedule of events is available on the Fair’s website. Find The Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, and enjoy photos from the Fair at Flickr.com/photos/nysfair. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at firstname.lastname@example.org.