The spinning wheel stops at the Great New York State Fair as the legendary jazz-rock band Blood Sweat & Tears performs a 2 p.m. show on Chevy Court Tuesday, Aug. 27. The concert takes place on the second of three Senior Days, which provide free admission to people age 60 and above. Shows on the Fair’s Chevy Court and Experience stages are part of the Chevrolet Music Festival and are free with admission.
“You can’t talk about the history of music in the late 60’s and early 70’s without including Blood Sweat & Tears. They blended jazz and rock in a way that was groundbreaking at the time and which still sounds fresh today. I’m looking forward to an exciting show,” said Troy Waffner, Fair Director.
Blood Sweat & Tears joins a diverse lineup of top national acts across many genres of music that includes:
- Bad Company, 8 p.m., August 21
- Grace Potter, 8 p.m., August 22
- Lindsey Stirling, 8 p.m., August 23
- Jimmie Allen, 2 p.m., August 25
- Dropkick Murphys, 8 p.m., August 25
- Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone, 2 p.m., August 26
- Midland, 8 p.m., August 26
- Farruko, 8 p.m., August 27
- The Mavericks, 2 p.m., August 28
- Ice Cube, 8 p.m., August 28
- Why Don’t We, 2 p.m., August 29
- Vince Neil of Motley Crue, 8 p.m., August 29
- Granger Smith, 8 p.m., August 30
- Theory of a Deadman, 8 p.m., August 31
- The Roots, 8 p.m., September 1
- lovelytheband, 1 p.m., September 2
- Gavin DeGraw, 6 p.m., September 2
In addition, several national acts will perform on the Experience Stage in the New York Experience festival area on the western end of the grounds, including:
- Grand Funk Railroad, 7 p.m., August 21
- Jackyl, 7 p.m., August 24
- Pop Evil, 7 p.m., August 25
- 38 Special, 7 p.m., August 27
- Rick Springfield, 7 p.m., August 31
Over the Fair’s 13 days, the Chevrolet Music Festival at Chevy Court and at the New York Experience Stage will feature more than two dozen national touring group performances in diverse genres. Chevrolet sponsors the performances on both stages.
Founded in 1841, the Great New York State Fair is America’s third largest state fair. The Fair showcases the best of New York agriculture, provides top-quality entertainment and is a key piece of Governor Cuomo’s CNY Rising strategy of growing the Central New York economy through tourism. Fair attendance is up more than 40% since the beginning of more than $120 million in investments, with 1.27 million people attending the Fair in 2018. The 2019 Fair runs from August 21 to September 2. Information about the Fair can be found here.
The New York State Fairgrounds is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available here. Find the Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, on Snapchat at nysfair and enjoy photos from the Fair on Flickr. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at email@example.com.