The Great New York State Fair’s Expo Center will host seven evenings of big screen movie entertainment. The new Family Movie Nights feature kid-friendly films that the entire family can enjoy. Movies will be shown on the Fair’s 55-foot inflatable screen, provided by FunFlicks of Central, Western and Northern New York. All screenings are free of charge.
“This is our take on a drive-in movie experience. Families can come, grab a seat in the stands or on the turf field and laugh together to a great movie. We’re always looking for new ways to help families have a memorable time at the Fair,” said Troy Waffner, Fair Director.
The new Family Movie Nights begin Saturday, August 24 and run through Friday, August 30 and includes three films released this year. The full lineup:
- Saturday, August 24, 7 p.m.: The Incredibles 2 (PG);
- Sunday, August 25, 7 p.m.: Elf (PG), as part of the Fair’s special event Christmas in August;
- Monday, August 26, 6:30 p.m.: Miracle (PG);
- Tuesday, August 27, 7 p.m.: Detective Pikachu (PG);
- Wednesday, August 28, 8 p.m.: Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United (PG), as part of the Fair’s special event Comic Con at the Fair;
- Thursday, August 29, 6:30 p.m.: Avengers: Endgame (PG-13)
- Friday, August 30, 7 p.m.: The Secret Life of Pets 2 (PG)
Founded in 1841, the Great New York State Fair is America’s third largest state fair. The Fair showcases the best of New York agriculture, provides top-quality entertainment and is a key piece of Governor Cuomo’s CNY Rising strategy of growing the Central New York economy through tourism. Fair attendance is up more than 40% since the beginning of more than $120 million in investments, with 1.27 million people attending the Fair in 2018. The 2019 Fair runs from August 21 to September 2. Information about the Fair can be found here.
The New York State Fairgrounds is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available here. Find the Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, on Snapchat at nysfair and enjoy photos from the Fair on Flickr. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at firstname.lastname@example.org.