The New York State Fair Food Truck Rally will be held on both Saturday, August 27 and Saturday, September 3.
The Rally will be located around Chevy Court and be held from 10:00am to 10:00pm each day.
» The application deadline has past and we are no longer accepting any more participants «
Important Information for Food Truck Rally Participants
Guidelines to Participate:
- The deadline to apply will be Friday, July 15, 2022.
- If accepted, there will be a $200.00 space rental fee (for one day participation). The Fair requires a signed agreement and Liability insurance.
- Included within your agreement, you will receive (1) Yellow parking pass for your mobile unit to enter the grounds, and (4) Admission tickets to enter the grounds. All additional credentials are the responsibility of the participant to purchase.
- Vendors or sponsors already participating in the New York State Fair will not be allowed to close their booth or stand in order to participate in the Rally. If you’d like to participate in The Food Truck Rally and are a vendor or sponsor, you must have another food truck or mobile vending unit available.
- Food Trucks must remain open from 10:00am to 10:00pm. If you happen to run out of food, your truck must remain on the grounds until at least 10:00pm.
- Participants are REQUIRED to offer (1) $2.00 signature sample sized menu item to the fairgoer. Participants may sell additional full priced menu items if they wish to do so. (We encourage you to keep your menu small, as you must be open until 10:00pm).
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted. All water / soft drinks sold must be purchased through the Fair’s preferred vendor (more information coming soon).
- All trucks must be completely self-contained and self-sufficient. No water, sewer or electric will be provided.
- Trucks must arrive with an empty water tank. The Fair will provide a water filling station.
- Due to NYS guidelines, tents will not be permitted. This means participants are not able to put a pop-up tent behind the unit. All equipment, storage, etc., must be contained in your mobile unit.
- You must provide your own self-contained Mobile Food Truck and signage and menu must be visible to patrons and affixed to your Food Truck. Please note that sandwich boards and similar signs are prohibited.
- Participants are responsible for bringing their own cooking equipment, fire extinguisher, truck, generator, ingredients, utensils and serving dishes, as well as adhering to NY State Department of Health regulations.
- A valid NY state issued Temporary Food Service Permit (issued by the NYSDOH Central Regional Office in Syracuse); certificates of insurance and indemnification naming the Department of Agriculture and Markets must be submitted to the New York State Fair.
General State Fair Terms, Conditions and Information:
- Exhibit License Agreement General Terms and Conditions Booklet
- Insurance Regulations and Samples Packet
- NYS Labor Standards
- New York State Fair Parking Lot Map
- Food Truck Arrival Route
New York State Health Department Information:
Address: 217 South Salina Street • Syracuse, New York 13202
Phone Numbers: Main Office • 315.477.8166 Officer on Duty • 315.477.8500 Fax • 315.477.8581
New York State Office of Fire Prevention & Control Information:
Address: 333 East Washington Street - Room 513 • Syracuse, New York 13202
Phone Numbers: Main Office • 315.428.3261 Fax • 315.428.3293
• New York State Building Standards and Codes
• Fire Code of NYS » Sec. 319 - Mobile Food Preparation Vehicles
• Fire Code of NYS » Sec. 607 - Commercial Kitchen Hoods
• Fire Code of NYS » Sec. 904.12 - Alternative Automatic Fire Systems (Commercial Cooking Systems)
• Fire Code of NYS » Sec. 906.4 - Portable Fire Extinguishers (Cooking Equipment Fires)
Fairtime Bottled Water Services Program:
Aquafina/PepsiCo will be the sole provider of bottled water to vendors during the 2022 New York State Fair. Please note that order forms must be submitted via email.
6010 Tarbell Road, Syracuse, New York 13206
Fairgrounds Ice Services:
Please contact via phone or email to place your ice services order.
210 Terminal Road, Liverpool, New York 13088
Fairgrounds Internet and Wi-Fi Information:
These are service providers that vendors, exhibitors and patrons can contact to provide wired/wireless internet and/or Wi-Fi services.
New Visions Communications
Call 315.472.6300 or click here
Spectrum Small Business Office
Verizon Enterprise Solutions
Call 877.297.7816 or click here
Please contact a minimum of 7 business days prior to the event to allow for processing of your request.