Chevy Court Concerts Complement "Central NY Rising" - The Region's Comprehensive Strategy to Revitalize Communities and Grow the Economy
The sharp dressed men of ZZ Top will bring decades of blues rock hits such as “Tush,” “Legs,” and “Gimme All Your Lovin’” to the Chevy Court stage at the 2018 Great New York State Fair at 8 p.m. Saturday, September 1. Frank Beard, Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill have been together since the day the band was formed in 1969. Free concerts at Chevy Court, which drew more than a quarter million people in 2017, complement Central New York Rising, the region’s comprehensive strategy to grow the economy.
“We’re honored to have a band of ZZ Top’s stature on our stage. They’re members of the Rock Hall of Fame and their fans are going to get a solid blast of rock and blues. There’s no better way to start September than under the stars with ZZ Top,” said Troy Waffner, Acting Fair Director.
ZZ Top joins a diverse lineup that includes:
- Blondie, at 8 p.m. Wednesday, August 22
- Dave Mason & Steve Cropper, at 2 p.m. Thursday, August 23
- Ravyn Lenae, at 2 p.m. Friday, August 24
- Ludacris, at 8 p.m. Friday, August 24
- LIVE, at 2 p.m. Saturday, August 25
- Counting Crows, at 8 p.m. Saturday, August 25
- Jackyl, at 2 p.m. Sunday, August 26
- Hunter Hayes, at 8 p.m. Sunday, August 26
- Peter Noone of Herman’s Hermits, at 2 p.m. Monday, August 27
- Smokey Robinson, at 8 p.m. Monday, August 27
- The Temptations, at 2 p.m. Tuesday, August 28
- Dickey Betts, at 8 p.m. Tuesday, August 28
- Lil Yachty, at 8 p.m. Wednesday, August 29
- Hanson, at 8 p.m. Thursday, August 30
- Big & Rich with Cowboy Troy, at 8 p.m. Friday, August 31
- Collective Soul, at 2 p.n. Saturday, September 1
- A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, at 8 p.m. Sunday, September 2
- Maren Morris, at 1 p.m. Monday, September 3
- Niall Horan, at 6 p.m. Monday, September 3
The Chevy Court stage is the home of up to 26 national touring acts each year. A diverse 2017 lineup, including performers and groups such as Migos, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Earth Wind & Fire, The Beach Boys and Three Doors Down drew 264,600 fairgoers. Chevy Court won two Syracuse Area Music Awards in 2017 as People’s Choice for Favorite Venue for Live Music and Favorite Festival or Music Series. The Fair was nominated for Fair of the Year by the International Entertainment Buyers association, the trade organization for live entertainment industry professionals. Free concerts at Chevy Court are sponsored by Chevrolet.
Accelerating Central NY Rising
Today's announcement complements “Central NY Rising,” the region’s comprehensive blueprint to generate robust economic growth and community development. The State has already invested more than $4.7 billion in the region since 2012 to lay the groundwork for the plan – capitalizing on global market opportunities, strengthening entrepreneurship and creating an inclusive economy. Today, unemployment is down to the lowest levels since before the Great Recession; personal and corporate income taxes are down; and businesses are choosing places like Syracuse, Oswego and Auburn as a destination to grow and invest in.
Now, the region is accelerating Central NY Rising with a $500 million State investment through the Upstate Revitalization Initiative, announced by Governor Cuomo in December 2015. The State’s $500 million investment will incentivize private business to invest well over $2.5 billion – and the region’s plan, as submitted, projects up to 5,900 new jobs. More information is available here.
The New York State Fair, operated by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, runs from August 22 to September 3, 2018. The Fair's mission, reflected in its theme, "FIND YOUR GREAT," is to showcase the best of New York agriculture while providing top-quality entertainment.
The home of the Great New York State Fair is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available on the Fair’s website. Find The Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, on Snapchat at nysfair and enjoy photos from the Fair at Flickr.com/photos/nysfair. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at firstname.lastname@example.org.