Before New York State Fair visitors go their “Separate Ways” at the end of the Fair’s 2022 run, they will have an opportunity to enjoy a Journey tribute band that has a reputation of delivering the “most authentic 80s Journey concert experience” in the business. Resurrection – A Journey Tribute is scheduled to perform at 1 p.m. at the Chevy Park Stage on Labor Day, Monday, September 5, the final day of the Great New York State Fair.
Based in Nashville, Resurrection has a knack for matching note-for-note Journey’s iconic sound and Steve Perry’s signature lead vocals.
Resurrection’s performance at the Fair is its third in a row.
“Resurrection has become a Labor Day tradition here at the Great New York State Fair. When we think of arena rock and 80’s hair bands, Journey’s songbook soars to the top of the list, and with so many feel-good stadium anthems and timeless ballads to sing along with, fairgoers are sure to leave humming these songs for days,” said interim Fair Director Sean Hennessey.
All concerts in the Chevrolet Music Series are free with Fair admission. Concerts performed at the Chevy Park stage in the New York Experience festival grounds (previously known as The Experience Stage) are located on the western end of the Fairgrounds, adjacent to the Midway. All concerts at the Fair are sponsored by Chevrolet.
To date, Chevrolet Music Festival concerts announced include:
- Jimmie Allen, 6 p.m. August 24, Chevy Court stage
- Chevelle, 8 p.m. August 24, Chevy Park stage
- Great White, 6 p.m. August 25, Chevy Court stage
- The Art of Rap featuring Ice-T, 8 p.m. August 25, Chevy Park stage
- Niko Moon, 6 p.m. August 26, Chevy Court stage
- TLC, 8 p.m. August 26, Chevy Park stage
- Tesla, 6 p.m. August 27, Chevy Court stage
- Foreigner, 8 p.m. August 28, Chevy Park stage
- Boyz II Men, 8 p.m. August 29, Chevy Park stage
- Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone, 1 p.m. August 30, Chevy Court stage
- Big & Rich with Cowboy Troy, 6 p.m. August 30, Chevy Court stage
- Nelly, 8 p.m. August 31, Chevy Park stage
- Riley Green, 8 p.m. September 1, Chevy Park stage
- Tai Verdes, 1 p.m. September 2, Chevy Court stage
- Gin Blossoms, 6 p.m. September 2, Chevy Court stage
- 24KGoldn, 8 p.m. September 2, Chevy Park stage
- COIN, 2 p.m. September 3, Chevy Park stage
- Dropkick Murphys, 8 p.m. September 3, Chevy Park stage
- Night Ranger, 4 p.m. September 5, Chevy Court stage
Founded in 1841, the Great New York State Fair showcases the best of New York agriculture, provides top-quality entertainment and is a key piece of the state’s CNY Rising strategy of growing the Central New York economy through tourism. The 2022 Fair begins Wednesday, August 24, and continues through Monday, September 5.
The New York State Fairgrounds is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. Audiences are encouraged to learn more about the Great New York State Fair online, and follow the fun on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Guests are invited to see photos from the Fair on Flickr and ideas are always welcome. New Yorkers are encouraged to send suggestions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.