Five New Vendors Broaden Tasty Offerings
Say hello to The Eatery. The International Building, the Fair’s indoor food court, is getting a new name as a result of discussions between the Great New York State Fair and the building’s vendors. The building will also welcome five new vendors as the menu of offerings continues to widen.
“We meet with our vendor groups every year, and the International Building group suggested giving the building a name that better reflected what went on inside. It will be easy for fairgoers to understand what will be available inside the building from now on,” said Troy Waffner, Fair Director.
New vendors in The Eatery this year include:
- Dang’s Café, which will bring its Vietnamese specialties from its Syracuse restaurant to its new Fair stand;
- Babcia’s Pierogi, which was a hit at its 2018 Fair debut for its Polish specialties. The mobile stand will be back as Buffalo-based Babcia’s expands into a second location;
- Fresh Mex Mexican Grill, offering tacos, burritos and other Mexican fare;
- Lumpy’s Sandwich Company, offering sandwiches, wraps, burgers, hotdogs, PoBoys and other hot and cold sandwich items;
- Poutine Gourmet, providing the Canadian staple of cheese curds melting among hot French fries and gravy, which debuted as a mobile stand last year.
Over the winter, the Fair removed the elevated seating area that ran through the heart of one wing of the building to open more areas for seating and improve traffic flow in the busy building. This was also a response to vendor concerns.
Founded in 1841, the Great New York State Fair is America’s third largest state fair. The Fair showcases the best of New York agriculture, provides top-quality entertainment and is a key piece of Governor Cuomo’s CNY Rising strategy of growing the Central New York economy through tourism. Fair attendance is up more than 40% since the beginning of more than $120 million in investments, with 1.27 million people attending the Fair in 2018. The 2019 Fair runs from August 21 to September 2. Information about the Fair can be found here.
The New York State Fairgrounds is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available here. Find the Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter and enjoy photos from the Fair on Flickr. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at firstname.lastname@example.org.