Important Information for All Participating
2023 New York State Fair Concessionaires & Exhibitors
General State Fair Terms, Conditions and Information:
- Concession & Exhibit License Rate Structure
- Rate Designation Map
- Concession and Exhibit Agreement Change Form
- Insurance Regulations and Samples Packet
- When purchasing workers comp or disability insurance from the New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF), please indicate you are a vendor at the 2023 New York State Fair. Your coverage should be in force for the duration of the event, August 20 through September 8 (this includes move in/out dates).
- Instructions for Obtaining and Filing a Certificate of Exemption (CE-200)
- NYS Department of Labor Regulations & Standards
State Fair Contract Information:
- APPENDIX A - Standard Clauses for New York State Contracts - coming soon
- APPENDIX D - General Conditions for Revenue Agreements
- SFS Vendor Self-Service Portal Instructions
State Fair Move-In, Set-Up & Move-Out Details:
Exhibit License Agreements, payments and all appropriate paperwork for your Concession or Exhibit location must be completed and paid in full before move-in will be allowed.
We welcome and encourage early set-up. All license holders may bring their stands, exhibits, trailers, structures, and equipment onto the fairgrounds by appointment only starting Starting Monday, August 14, 2023 through Saturday, August 19, 2023, 8:30am to 4:30pm. Please email the Concessions & Exhibits office to request set up at a day/time at Geneanne.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All buildings and grounds will be open and ready for move-in and set-up on:
- Sunday, August 20 to Tuesday, August 22 from 8:00am to 8:00pm, arriving after 8pm will require permission and an appointment.
- All Concessionaires and Exhibitors (with the exception of those occupying permanent structures) shall first check-in with the Concessions and Exhibits Office. A representative from the Concessions and Exhibits Office will guide you to your designated location.
- Vehicles may not be driven into Fair exhibit buildings - this includes the Center of Progress, Horticulture Building, Eatery, Science & Industry Building and Dairy Products Building.
- In the event any concessionaire or exhibitor fails to occupy a leased space by 8:00pm, Tuesday, August 22, 2023, State Fair Management may terminate the contract unless prior permission has been obtained. No refund will be made in such a case, and the Fair will be authorized to reallocate said space to another Concessionaire or Exhibitor.
Under the terms of your Exhibit License Agreement, all exhibits and displays must remain open and in place until close of business Monday, September 4, 2022 Labor Day (this is 9:00 pm - closing includes buildings, outside locations, beer, wine and distilled spirits sales).
- Indoor and outdoor concessionaires and exhibitors will be monitored by State Fair personnel on Monday, September 5, 2022. Dismantling of your concession/exhibit area before 9:00pm in buildings and outside locations will be cause for adverse documentation in your Exhibit License Agreement file.
- Early dismantling of a concession/exhibit area will be taken into consideration for future Exhibit License Agreements with the New York State Fair.
- Vehicles are not allowed on the Fairgrounds until 11:00pm on Monday, September 4, 2022. The New York State Police and New York State Fair Security will enforce this policy.
- For move-out, all buildings will be open from 8:30am to 4:30pm only on Tuesday and Wednesday following Labor Day. There will be no access to buildings after 4:30pm.
- Congestion in the buildings at the time of move-out can be kept at a minimum if no vehicles may not be driven into Fair exhibit buildings - this includes the Center of Progress, Horticulture Building, Eatery, Science & Industry Building and Dairy Products Building.
- Cooperation among vendors is expected and appreciated.
- Due to the fact that the grounds are leased immediately after the New York State Fair, all belongings, this includes propane tanks, tents, equipment, trash, cardboard must be removed from the Fairgrounds by 4:30 pm, Wednesday, September 6, 2023, or the remaining items will be removed by the Fair at the owner’s expense.
- Vendors are responsible for assuring that they leave their site as clean as they found it. Violations will result in fines, future consideration to participate in the annual New York State Fair.
State Fair Vendor Fire Training:
• TBA at 1:00pm – Art & Home Center Theatre
• TBA at 10:00am, 1:00pm, 4:00pm – Art & Home Center Theatre
• TBA at 10:00am – Fire House by Maintenance Office
New York State Health Department Food Permit Information:
Address: 217 South Salina Street • Syracuse, New York 13202
Phone Numbers: Main Office • 315.477.8166 Officer on Duty • 315.477.8500 Fax • 315.477.8581
New York State Office of Fire Prevention & Control Information:
Address: 333 East Washington Street - Room 513 • Syracuse, New York 13202
Phone Numbers: Main Office • 315.428.3261 Fax • 315.428.3293
• New York State Building Standards and Codes
• Fire Code of NYS » Sec. 319 - Mobile Food Preparation Vehicles
• Fire Code of NYS » Sec. 607 - Commercial Kitchen Hoods
• Fire Code of NYS » Sec. 904.12 - Alternative Automatic Fire Systems (Commercial Cooking Systems)
• Fire Code of NYS » Sec. 906.4 - Portable Fire Extinguishers (Cooking Equipment Fires)
New York State DEC Polystyrene Foam Ban Information:
The NYS DEC continues to educate affected audiences about New York's polystyrene foam ban, known as the Expanded Polystyrene Foam Container and Loose Fill Packaging Ban, that began on Jan. 1, 2022.
Fact sheets and DEC’s reference guide are listed below. The reference guide (in English and Spanish) lists and explains different compliant, alternative containers and packaging.
Additional information is available online at: http://on.ny.gov/FoamFreeNY.