The New York State Fairgrounds is immediately adjacent to Route 690 just West of Syracuse. It is easily accessible from the New York State Thruway (Rt. 90) from the West and East, and from Route 81, North and South. Just follow the signs to the Fairgrounds once you enter the Syracuse area.
From the West - Buffalo / Rochester Area
Take the New York State Thruway (Rt. 90 East) to Exit 39, then follow Rt. 690 East.
From the East - Albany / Utica Area
Take the New York State Thruway (Rt. 90 West) to Exit 34A, follow Rt. 481 South, then follow Rt. 690 West.
From the North - Watertown Area
Take Interstate 81 South into Syracuse to Exit 22. Follow Bear Street (Rt. 298) to Rt. 690 West.
From the South - Binghamton / Cortland Area
Take Interstate 81 North into Syracuse, then follow Rt. 690 West.
From the New York City / Downstate Area
Take best route to Binghamton, N.Y. then take Interstate 81 North into Syracuse, then follow Rt. 690 West.
- Click here for real time travel information from the New York State Department of Transportation's My 511NY which allows you to get traffic and transit information how you want it, when you want it.
How else can I get to the Fair?
Centro will once again provide its popular direct service to the New York State Fair from August 23rd through September 4th. Centro Express buses will regularly depart from 14 NYS Fair Park-N-Ride locations across Onondaga, Cayuga, and Oswego Counties arriving at the Fair’s Main Gate. Click here for locations and schedules. Centro Park-N-Ride Express Passes, regular Centro Ride Passes, and transfers will be accepted on all State Fair service buses. Fares and times will vary depending on location. For more information, please contact Centro’s Call Center at (315) 442-3400.
Amtrak will once again provide this summer service directly to the New York State Fair, offering families a convenient and affordable way to travel to the state's largest annual event this summer. For reservations or information, visit Amtrak.com or call 1-800 USA-RAIL.
- For All Fairgoers:
- General admission gates open at 7:00am daily and close at 10:00pm, except for Labor Day, when the entire grounds close at 9:00pm. Exhibit buildings are open from 10:00am to 10:00pm, with the exception of Labor Day when they close at 9:00pm.
- Admission gates and all exhibit buildings open at 10:00am every day. The Fair and all buildings close at 10:00 pm every day, except Labor Day, when closing time is 9:00pm
- The Midway is open 10:00am until 11:00pm except on Labor Day when it closes at 9:00pm - closing time subject to change without notice.
- For Fair Vendors:
- Gate 12 opens up at 6:00am for vehicle access only (proper permit required);
- Gates 7 and 11 are open 24 hours a day for vehicle access only (proper permit required).