All Spaces in the Empire RV Park have been SOLD OUT!
If you would like to be put on a waitlist for a space in the Empire RV Park, please email your request to
either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no guarantee, however, that your waitlist request will become available so you may want to seek
alternate accommodations by checking out our Daily RV Camping program.
The Empire RV Park lies within the New York State Fairgrounds, home of the nation’s first and oldest state fair and host of approximately 150 public events each year. The Empire RV Park will be available during the Fair to those renting a space for the term of the 13-day Fair. The 2018 New York State Fair runs from Wednesday, August 22 ending on Labor Day, Monday, September 3.
The Empire RV Park reservation includes a single parking site for one RV for up to a 17-night stay (includes water, electric, sewer and locations for garbage disposal), one vehicle parking permit, and two 13-day admission wristband passes to the Fair. Rental price is $600 plus a $9.00 reservation fee per site. Upon arrival, one additional Gray parking lot permit may be purchased at a cost of $150.00. Any vehicle parked without the proper credentials in the Empire RV Park will be removed.
Campsites are supplied with water, electric (120 volt /30amp or 240 volt/50amp), sewer, and locations for garbage disposal. Bathroom and shower facilities are located at the west and east ends of the park. Campers must bring/supply their own water hose, sewer pipe, and electrical cord to reach sewer drop and water/electric hook-ups. For health reasons, all RV’s must have their own holding tanks. Hose stations are provided exclusively for filling holding tanks and other temporary service needs.
- Empire RV Park Site Map
- Empire RV Park Fairgrounds Location Map
- Empire RV Park Terms & Conditions
- New York State Fair Rules of Conduct
Season and Booking Window:
The first day to start booking reservations will be Sunday, April 1, 2018 at 8:00am. The last day to make a reservation is Friday, August 17, 2018 at 4:30pm. In order to make a reservation, you must reserve for the entire season: August 18 through September 4, 2018 (17 nights).
To cancel a reservation prior to your scheduled arrival, you must do so online by logging into your Reserve America account before Saturday, August 18, 2018. To cancel a reservation on Saturday, August 18, 2018 you must contact the Empire RV Park office at (315) 487-7711 ext. 1227. No refunds will be given after Saturday, August 18, 2018.
- Cancelling 8 days or more prior to arrival - Reservation Fee $9.00 + Cancellation Fee $9.00
- Cancelling 7 days or less prior to arrival - Reservation Fee $9.00 + Cancellation Fee $9.00 + Penalty Fee $120
Please note: All fees are retained if you fail to arrive and do not inform the park of a cancellation in advance.
Campsites are supplied with water, electric (120 volt /30amp or 240 volt/50amp), sewer, and locations for garbage disposal). Bathroom and shower facilities are located at the west and east ends of the park. Campers must bring/supply their own water hose, sewer pipe, and electrical cord to reach sewer drop and water/electric hook-ups. For health reasons, all RV’s must have their own holding tanks. Hose stations are provided exclusively for filling holding tanks and other temporary service needs.
- Check-in for the Empire RV Park will start at 10:00am on Saturday, August 18, 2018 and will remain open 24 hours per day until 11:00pm on Tuesday, August 21, 2018. Regular check-in time is 8:00am-8:00pm beginning on Wednesday, August 22 and continuing until Labor Day, Monday, September 3, 2018.
- There is no discount/refund if arriving later or departing earlier than your reservation.
- Please note: All fees are retained if you fail to arrive and do not inform the park of a cancellation in advance.
- All RVs must be checked out and off the premises no later than 4:30pm on Tuesday, September 4, 2018 or they will be towed off the grounds at the owner’s expense.
- Check our Empire RV Park Terms and Conditions for rules concerning pets.
- The New York State Access Pass/Lifetime Liberty Pass is not accepted at this park.
Recreation & Attractions:
The Great New York State Fair features food, music, rides, and a wide variety of entertainment as one of the largest state fairs in the nation. In addition, a scenic walking and biking trail along Onondaga Lake is available across the road from the Fairgrounds. Several county and state parks are within a short drive. One of the nation’s largest retail and entertainment centers, Destiny USA, is 4 miles away. Boutique shopping and dining is available in downtown Syracuse’s Armory Square district. A variety of nationally recognized musical acts are scheduled to perform at Chevy Court which is free to all Fairgoers with admission. Shows are at 2:00pm and 8:00pm each day except Labor Day, when there will be one show at 6:00pm. National touring concerts also take place throughout the summer and on selected dates during the Fair at the Lakeview Amphitheater, across the highway from the Fairgrounds.
Other nearby attractions include downtown Syracuse, NBT Bank Stadium, the Carrier Dome, many state and local parks plus numerous historical sites.
The New York State Fairgrounds is located just West of the city of Syracuse in the Town of Geddes, immediately adjacent to I-690 at exit 7. It is easily accessible from the New York State Thruway (I-90) from the West and East, and from I-81, North and South. Just follow signs to the Fairgrounds once you enter the Syracuse area. All vehicles for the Empire RV Park will enter at Gate 7.
- From the West - Buffalo / Rochester Area Take the New York State Thruway (I-90 East) to Exit 39, then follow I-690 East.
- From the East - Albany / Utica Area Take the New York State Thruway (I-90 West) to Exit 34A, follow Rt. 481 South, then follow I-690 West.
- From the North - Watertown Area Take I-81 South into Syracuse to Exit 22. Follow Bear Street (Rt. 298) to I-690 West.
- From the South - Binghamton / Cortland Area Take I-81 North into Syracuse, then follow I-690 West.
- From the New York City / Downstate Area Take best route to Binghamton, N.Y. then take I-81 North into Syracuse, then follow I-690 West.
Address: New York State Fair - Empire RV Park, 581 State Fair Blvd., Syracuse, New York 13209
Phone: 315.487.7711 or 1.800.475.FAIR