The New York State Dept. of Agriculture & Markets, Division of the State Fair is seeking applications for various types of professional entertainment to perform during the 2023 New York State Fair that will be held for 13 days from Wednesday, August 23 through Monday, September 4 (Labor Day).
Venues looking to be filled are Grounds Entertainment, Special Days Parade, Empire Theater, Pan African Village, and the Talent Showcase Stage (including Latino Village Weekend).
Featured entertainment being sought should include, but not limited to:
- Musical Acts (local, regional, national) – solo or groups
- Variety Acts (acrobats, jugglers, magicians, sports-related, etc.)
- Cultural Acts - dance troupes, cultural music or spoken word
This application is not for performances on the Chevy Court or Suburban Park stages.
Interested parties must complete and submit this online application below along with any promotional materials. Applications submitted without a promotional packet will not be considered. Applications take 10-15 minutes to complete. Please complete the entire application!
You will be asked to submit a Stage Plot for your show. It is a layout of all the members of the performance and the equipment needed to support them, such as microphones, DI boxes, amplifiers, monitors and electrical cords. You can see what a sample layouts look like here and here.
View downloadable layouts for the Pan-African Village Stage, Talent Showcase Stage (which includes Latino Village Weekend performances), and the Empire Theater located in the Art & Home Center:
• The Pan-African Village Stage - features a 32-channel mixer, a 6-monitor mix and up to 2 wireless mics
• The Talent Showcase Stage - features a 32-channel mixer, 6-monitor mix and 4 wireless mics
• The Empire Theater - features a 16-channel mixer, 4-monitor mix and up to 2 wireless mics
Once you have submitted the application, you will receive a confirmation copy via email that you should save/print for your records. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please check your spam folder. Also, please be sure to use an email address that is checked regularly.
Entertainment Applications will be reviewed on a rolling continuing basis as they are received. Once available budget allocations have been met, scheduling for each venue will be complete.
• Entertainment times and locations to be determined by the New York State Fair.
• Selected acts must comply with all NYS Licensing Permits and Approvals.