Important Information for New Fair Concessionaires & Exhibitors
Please continue to check this page for the latest information for new vendors for the 2023 New York State Fair • August 23 - September 4
Thank you for your interest in becoming a new vendor at the Great New York State Fair. The next step is for you to apply. You can find the form here. The application asks you to submit photos and the layout of your space or concession trailer. Make sure to include a listing and description of all the products or services you want to offer. We can’t consider your application unless you fill out all of it.
Each year, the Fair presents several hundred food, beverage and merchandise vendors to an audience of around a million people. Most vendors renew their contracts with us year after year, which creates a small pool of open spaces for new vendors. We will get hundreds of applications for those open spaces.
To help you make your application as competitive as possible, here are some of the things we look for in a new vendor:
- Do you have prior experience with large fairs and festivals, and for how many years? Can you provide references? The State Fair is a very big step up from community festivals.
- Are you bringing something new or different to the Fair? Is it something we don’t already have? We’re always looking to fill niches in products and in food.
- If it’s a food product, is there something special or creative about your offering? Fairs are known for their crazy foods but we’re also interested in ethnic foods or menus that offer something we don’t already have.
- What does your stand or booth look like? We’re looking for neat, professional presentations. At the same time, we’re also a state fair, so we like booths and stands that call attention to themselves through lighting and decoration.
- Do you plan to cook or sell food from a tent? If so, we are very likely going to have to say no, no matter how good your food is. State fire safety rules mean that we can't allow any cooking under tents anymore.
- Do you use agricultural products made in New York State?
We do not keep a waiting list. As openings happen, we’ll go through the applications to select an appropriate vendor. We’ll keep filling open spots until they’re all filled.
Questions? Reach out to the Concessions & Exhibits Office at email@example.com and good luck!
Here is important information for potential vendors:
- Concession & Exhibit License Rate Structure
- Rate Designation Map
- Income Tax Form Examples
- Insurance Regulations and Samples Packet
- When purchasing workers comp or disability insurance from the New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF), please indicate you are a vendor at the 2023 New York State Fair. Your coverage should be in force for the duration of the event, August 20 through September 8 (this includes move in/out dates).
- Requesting a Certificate of Exemption (CE-200)
- NYS Department of Labor Regulations & Standards
You will receive an emailed copy of your application at the end of this online process. Please save/print both for your records. Be sure to use an email address that is checked regularly. Also be sure to check your spam folder for email from The Great New York State Fair.