Fairgoers driving to the State Fair with authorized people with disabilities parking tags or license plates, can park their vehicles in either of the Fair's two paved accessible lots. The first one is the Pink Accessible Parking Lot located across from Gate 3 off State Fair Boulevard. The second is the Gray Accessible Parking Lot located on the west end of the fairgrounds off State Fair Boulevard, enter through gate 6. In addition, a limited number of parking spaces for people with disabilities and who have the proper hanging tags or license plates, are available in the paved Orange Lot and in the unpaved Brown Lot. All of these lots will be paid parking.
Scooter, Wheelchair, Stroller & Wagon Rental
Scootaround is proud to be the exclusive scooter and wheelchair rental service for the Great New York State Fair in 2021. Rental hours will be 10:30am until 11:30pm (9:30pm on Labor Day). Equipment will be available at three convenient locations: Inside the Main Gate (Gate 1), inside Gate 3, and outside Gate 10.
Rent a scooter or wheelchair today reserving online or by calling toll free 1.888.441.7575
Quantities limited - Early reservations recommended
2021 New York State Fair Rental Rates
Rental Under 4 Hours
- Always use added caution when driving in a crowded area. Equipment must not be used in wet or muddy areas. Equipment must not be driven on sharp inclines or declines.
- Scooter users must be 18 years or age or older.
- Operation of equipment by persons other than the assigned renter is prohibited.
- Scootaround accepts payment by all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Cash payments onsite will be accepted.
- All orders will be booked at the full day rate and the refund will be processed on site if qualified as rental under 4 hours.
- All equipment renters must leave a driver license, or other type of issued ID with the rental booth while using the equipment. Acceptable forms of ID are driver license, state ID, membership card with name on it such as AAA, AARP, Costco, etc. We can not hold a credit card or business card.
*** This service will operate in accordance with Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, which currently mandate individuals on public transit must wear a mask. ***
Again for 2021, all Fair trams will be offered free of charge from 11:00am to 11:00pm, thanks to sponsorship by Chevrolet. Fairgoers are able to make use of the Fair’s internal tram network to travel around the grounds, stopping at multiple scheduled stops. In addition, a dedicated shuttle will travel between the Gray Accessible Parking Lot located outside Gate 10 to Tram Stop #3 at the rear entrance of the Horticulture building from from 11:00am to 11:00pm.
The State Fair has multiple accessible restrooms throughout the Fairgrounds. For locations, please pick up one of our Fairgrounds maps at any Guest Relations booth.
The State Fair also has unisex family restrooms at the following locations:
- Expo Center
- Dairy Products Building
- The Art & Home Center near Daniella’s Fresh Seafood & Pasta House (formerly the Empire Room)
- Inside Gate 4
- Inside Gate 10
Baby Care Cottages
Our air-conditioned and private Baby Care Cottages provide nursing mothers with a secure, convenient place to nurse infants and a separate area to change diapers and perform other simple care. Located in four areas: next to the Chevy Court Pavilion, outside The Eatery building near the State Parks pond, next to the restrooms across from the Beef Barn, and next to the Agriculture Museum. Sponsored by St. Joseph's Health.
Accessible seating/dining tables areas are available in various locations at the State Fair around Chevy Court and other areas of the Fairgrounds, both indoors & outdoors.
Special Needs Concert Seating
The State Fair provides the following special needs seating options for those attending our free concert shows:
- Wheelchairs & Limited-Mobility – Seating in this section is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Each special needs seat is allowed 2 companion seats. Companions in this section must remain seated at all times.
- Hearing & Vision Impaired – Seating in this section is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Each special needs seat is allowed 2 companion seats. Companions in this section must remain seated at all times. For the hearing impaired, sign-language interpreters are provided for this special seating area. For the vision impaired, this section is in proximity to large size video screens to enable better viewing of the stage performers.
NOTE: Special Needs seating is available on a first-come, first served basis. Although the seating exceeds ADA requirements, these areas often fill well ahead of the scheduled show times.
Deaf & Hard of Hearing Services
The State Fair has interpreter services at many of scheduled events and activities throughout each day of the Fair. Click to view our interpreter schedule for every day of the Fair. You can also find this schedule of interpreted events and how to contact an interpreter at the Guest Relations Center inside Gate 1 behind the Chevy Court stage. Fairgoers also may request interpreters to join their groups by texting 832.364.1078.
Interpreter services provided by Amber G Productions.
Trained service animals are welcome at the New York State Fair. They must be a trained service animal that does work or performs a task for a person with a disability. Guests with these animals must retain control of their animals at all times and must keep them on a leash or harness while visiting. Pets are not allowed to be kept in vehicles while attending the Fair.