Thank You for Your Interest In Becoming a Vendor at The New York State Fair
At this time, we are not accepting concession and exhibit applications for the 2022 New York State Fair
Please visit our web site for concession & exhibit information for the 2023 New York State Fair starting later this fall
Important Information for All Participating
2022 New York State Fair Concessionaires & Exhibitors
General State Fair Terms, Conditions and Information:
- Exhibit License Agreement General Terms and Conditions Booklet
- Concession & Exhibit License Rate Structure
- Traffic Area Designation Map
- Income Tax Form Examples
- Concession and Exhibit Agreement Change Form
- New York State Fair Vendor Menu & Merchandise List Form
- Insurance Regulations and Samples Packet
- Instructions for Obtaining and Filing a Certificate of Exemption (CE-200)
- NYS Labor Standards
- New York State Fair Electrical Usage Form - Submit one form entry per space
- New York State Fair Golf Cart Application
State Fair Contract Information:
- APPENDIX A - Standard Clauses for New York State Contracts
- APPENDIX D - General Conditions for Revenue Agreements
- SFS Vendor Self-Service Portal Instructions
State Fair Vendor Resources:
State Fair Move-In, Set-Up & Move-Out Details:
Exhibit License Agreements, payments and all appropriate paperwork for your Concession or Exhibit location must be completed and paid in full before move-in will be allowed.
We welcome and encourage early set-up. All license holders may bring their stands, exhibits, trailers, structures, and equipment onto the fairgrounds by appointment starting Starting Monday, August 15, 2022 through Saturday, August 20, 2022, 8:30am to 4:30pm. Please email the Concessions & Exhibits office to request set up at a day/time at Geneanne.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
All buildings and grounds will be open and ready for move-in and set-up on:
- Sunday, August 21 to Tuesday, August 23 from 8:00am to 8:00pm, arriving after 8pm will require permission and an appointment.
- All Concessionaires and Exhibitors (with the exception of those occupying permanent structures) shall first check-in with the Concessions and Exhibits Office. A representative from the Concessions and Exhibits Office will guide you to your designated location.
- Vehicles may not be driven into Fair exhibit buildings - this includes the Center of Progress, Horticulture Building, Eatery, Science & Industry Building and Dairy Products Building.
- In the event any concessionaire or exhibitor fails to occupy a leased space by 8:00pm, Tuesday, August 23, 2022, State Fair Management may terminate the contract unless prior permission has been obtained. No refund will be made in such a case, and the Fair will be authorized to reallocate said space to another Concessionaire or Exhibitor.
Under the terms of your Exhibit License Agreement, all exhibits and displays must remain open and in place until close of business Monday, September 5, 2022 Labor Day (this is 9:00 pm - closing includes buildings, outside locations, beer, wine and distilled spirits sales).
- Indoor and outdoor concessionaires and exhibitors will be monitored by State Fair personnel on Monday, September 5, 2022. Dismantling of your concession/exhibit area before 9:00pm in buildings and outside locations will be cause for adverse documentation in your Exhibit License Agreement file.
- Early dismantling of a concession/exhibit area will be taken into consideration for future Exhibit License Agreements with the New York State Fair.
- Vehicles are not allowed on the Fairgrounds until 11:00pm on Monday, September 5, 2022. The New York State Police and New York State Fair Security will enforce this policy.
- For move-out, all buildings will be open from 8:30am to 4:30pm only on Tuesday and Wednesday following Labor Day. There will be no access to buildings after 4:30pm.
- Congestion in the buildings at the time of move-out can be kept at a minimum if no vehicles may not be driven into Fair exhibit buildings - this includes the Center of Progress, Horticulture Building, Eatery, Science & Industry Building and Dairy Products Building.
- Cooperation among vendors is expected and appreciated.
- Due to the fact that the grounds are leased immediately after the New York State Fair, all belongings, this includes propane tanks, tents, equipment, trash, cardboard must be removed from the Fairgrounds by 4:30 pm, Wednesday, September 4, 2022, or the remaining items will be removed by the Fair at the owner’s expense.
- Vendors are responsible for assuring that they leave their site as clean as they found it. Violations will result in fines, future consideration to participate in the annual New York State Fair.
Fairtime Tent Rental Services:
For the 2022 New York State Fair all rental tents on the Fairgrounds MUST be installed by one of our selected contractors - no personal tents or pop-ups are to be used. These are the ONLY approved contractors that can provide rental tents. Any vendor planning on renting a tent will need to complete the Preferred Tent Order Form below by Friday, July 1, 2022 for processing.
- 2022 NYSF Vendor Information Sheet (must be completed and uploaded to tent order form below)
- 2022 NYSF Vendor Tent Order Form
The Fair will notify the selected contractor who will then reach out to you to coordinate size, payment and any other details - it will be the responsibility of the vendor and selected contractor to finalize this information. Any changes must be coordinated through the Fair first for approval.
State Fair Forklift Reservations:
For the 2022 New York State Fair, all vendors in need of an on-site forklift and operator must make a paid online reservation.
Reservations will be available every day Monday, August 15 through Friday, September 9 and are available to book starting at 8:00am on Monday, August 1.
- Reservations are in half hour increments.
- Rate is $37.50 for each half hour.
- Forklift operator to meet person at booth location.
- Forklift operators will wait 5 minutes from scheduled time only.
- Proof of reservation must be presented to the forklift operator.
- If the half hour is not enough you will need to reserve another available time online.
- No refunds and no rescheduling of times. If a different time is needed you will need to pay for and reserve that other time online.
- Dates and times available are as follows:
• August 15–19 → 7:00am – 2:30pm (1 available operator)
• August 22–26 → 7:00am – 6:00pm (2 available operators)
• August 27 – Sept. 5 → 7:00am – 6:00pm (1 available operator)
• September 6–9 → 7:00am – 2:30pm (1 available operator)
Time slots are limited, so make your reservation as soon as possible starting at 8:00am on Monday, August 1.
State Fair Vendor Opportunities:
- State Fair Souvenir Cup Program Information & Order Form - Deadline June 30, 2022
State Fair Vendor Fire Training:
• Monday, August 22 at 1:00pm – Art & Home Center Theatre
• Tuesday, August 23 at 10:00am, 1:00pm, 4:00pm – Art & Home Center Theatre
• Wednesday, August 24 at 10:00am – Fire House by Maintenance Office
New York State Health Department Information:
Address: 217 South Salina Street • Syracuse, New York 13202
Phone Numbers: Main Office • 315.477.8166 Officer on Duty • 315.477.8500 Fax • 315.477.8581
New York State Office of Fire Prevention & Control Information:
Address: 333 East Washington Street - Room 513 • Syracuse, New York 13202
Phone Numbers: Main Office • 315.428.3261 Fax • 315.428.3293
• New York State Building Standards and Codes
• Fire Code of NYS » Sec. 319 - Mobile Food Preparation Vehicles
• Fire Code of NYS » Sec. 607 - Commercial Kitchen Hoods
• Fire Code of NYS » Sec. 904.12 - Alternative Automatic Fire Systems (Commercial Cooking Systems)
• Fire Code of NYS » Sec. 906.4 - Portable Fire Extinguishers (Cooking Equipment Fires)
New York State DEC Polystyrene Foam Ban Information:
The NYS DEC continues to educate affected audiences about New York's polystyrene foam ban, known as the Expanded Polystyrene Foam Container and Loose Fill Packaging Ban, that began on Jan. 1, 2022.
Fact sheets and DEC’s reference guide are listed below. The reference guide (in English and Spanish) lists and explains different compliant, alternative containers and packaging.
Additional information is available online at: http://on.ny.gov/FoamFreeNY.
Fairtime Equipment & Decorating Services:
Please note that order forms must be submitted to the State Fair for processing.
Able Smith Tent & Party Rental
5683 Route 31, Cicero, New York 13039
Fairtime Bottled Water Services Program:
Aquafina/PepsiCo will be the sole provider of bottled water to vendors during the 2022 New York State Fair. Please note that order forms must be submitted via email.
6010 Tarbell Road, Syracuse, New York 13206
Fairgrounds Ice Services:
Please contact via phone or email to place your ice services order.
210 Terminal Road, Liverpool, New York 13088
Fairgrounds Internet and Wi-Fi Information:
These are service providers that vendors, exhibitors and patrons can contact to provide wired/wireless internet and/or Wi-Fi services.
AT&T Mobility Services
Call 315.898.5655 or click here
New Visions Communications
Call 315.472.6300 or click here
Spectrum Business Internet
Call 315.481.0297 or 315.466.9810 or click here
Verizon Enterprise Solutions
Call 877.297.7816 or click here
Please contact a minimum of 7 business days prior to the event to allow for processing of your request.