Click the 511NY logo to view real-time
The New York State Fairgrounds has parking for over 23,000 vehicles. During the State Fair parking is available in our designated Orange, Brown, Pink, Gray, and Willis Ave. parking lots at the Fair. Follow signs from exit 7 on 690 east or west.
• Parking lot opening times: Orange Lot 9:00am – Brown, Pink & Gray Lots 6:00am – Willis Ave. Lot 10:00am (only open on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays & Labor Day)
• Automobile parking is offered at a cost of $10.00 per day. Parking passes must be purchased online in advance or upon arrival at the lot, there will be no cash sales available. Your pass is valid in any Fair parking lots listed above.
• E-Z Pass Plus will be accepted in the Brown and Orange lots with a cost of $10.00 per day. Parking passes are good all day. Follow the E-ZPass Plus signs for quick, cashless access (see detailed information below).
• Centro will provide a free shuttle bus service from the Orange Lot and the Willis Ave. Lot (only open on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays & Labor Day) to the main gate starting at 10:00am and runs until 12:00 midnight.
• Fairgoers driving to the State Fair with authorized people with disabilities parking tags or license plates, can park their vehicles in either of the Fair's two paved accessible lots at a cost of $10.00 per day. Parking passes must be purchased online in advance or upon arrival at the lot, there will be no cash sales available. The first lot is the Pink Accessible Parking Lot located across from Gate 3 off State Fair Boulevard. The second is the Gray Accessible Parking Lot located on the west end of the fairgrounds off State Fair Boulevard, enter through gate 6. In addition, a limited number of parking spaces for people with disabilities and who have the proper hanging tags or license plates, are available in the paved Orange Lot and in the unpaved Brown Lot.
• Need to buy over 100 parking tickets? Call our Group Sales Program at 315.487.7711 for more details. Group sales program runs through August 25.
• Tailgating is not permitted in State Fair parking lots. Vehicles may occupy ONLY ONE parking space. Additional spaces are not available for purchase for the purpose of tailgating. Additional restrictions may apply. Disorderly guests are subject to ejection from the parking lot premises, revocation of tickets, and criminal prosecution.
• If you leave any of the general parking lots at any point, you must pay the cost again to re-enter, even if you return the same day.
• There is NO overnight parking in any of the Fair's general parking lots.
Additional Vehicle Parking
Motorcycle parking is offered in the Pink Parking lot across from Gate 3 at a cost of $10.00 per day. Parking passes must be purchased online in advance or upon arrival at the lot, there will be no cash sales available.
Buses and Motor Coaches:
All chartered buses and motor coaches will park in designated areas of the Orange Parking Lot at a cost of $10.00 per day. Parking passes must be purchased online in advance or upon arrival at the lot, there will be no cash sales available. Passengers can then unload and take a free shuttle bus service from the Orange lot to the main gate and back starting at 10:00am. Buses and motor coaches cannot enter and/or park in the Centro Park-N-Ride lot at the main gate.
RVs, Campers & other Oversized Vehicles:
Non-overnight RVs/campers and other oversized vehicles should proceed to the Orange Parking Lot to park at a cost of $10.00 per day. Parking passes must be purchased online in advance or upon arrival at the lot, there will be no cash sales available. Information about our paid Daily RV Camping in the Pink Lot during the Fair can be found here.
For those who decide to ride their bicycles to the State Fair, bike racks will be provided at gates 1, 3 and 10.
Pay for Parking using your E-ZPass Plus
E-ZPass Plus = Cashless Parking
To use your E-ZPass to pay for Fair parking, your account must meet the following conditions:
1. You must auto-replenish E-ZPass account with a credit card.
2. E-ZPass Tag must be mounted on windshield. Holding E-ZPass while in the lane may result in the tag not working.
3. E-ZPass account must be issued by New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Massachusetts, or New Hampshire.
4. Business E-ZPass accounts and all Massachusetts E-ZPass accounts must "Opt-In" for parking.
Questions? Please contact your E-ZPass Customer Service Center for more information - E-ZPass NY: 1-800-333-8655
For 2023 Centro will provide its popular Park-N-Ride direct shuttle service each day of the 13-day New York State Fair from the Centro Transit Hub in Downtown Syracuse, the parking lots at Destiny USA and Long Branch Park in Liverpool.
Service to the Fair from each location begins at 8:45am and continues until 10:30pm. Return service runs from 9:00am and continues until 12:00 midnight.
The one way cost of the Park-N-Ride shuttles will be only $1.00 for adults, $.50 for persons with a disability, seniors, and children 6-9 years of age. Parking at Park-N-Ride locations is free. Click here for service schedules. For more information, please call Centro at 315.442.3400.
Trailways of New York Bus Service
Trailways of New York has a terminal stop at the Regional Transportation Center, located at 1 Walsh Circle in Syracuse. This stop is approximately 4 miles and a quick ridesharing or taxi service trip to the New York State Fairgrounds. You can also proceed over to Destiny USA and take the Centro Park-N-Ride service to the Fair. Click here for routes and timetables.
Amtrak Train Service
Amtrak has continued its partnership with the New York State Fair to provide direct train service for customers traveling as a more convenient, cost-effective, family friendly and comfortable way to travel to and from the Empire State’s largest annual event between Wednesday, Aug. 23 and Monday, Sept. 4.
Skip tolls, traffic and parking fees, and arrive steps from the fairgrounds via select Empire Service and Maple Leaf trains, which will make daily stops at the State Fair (in between stops at Rochester and Syracuse stations), adjacent to the Fairgrounds. The Amtrak station code for the New York State Fair is NYF.
Tickets are available now at Amtrak.com, via the Amtrak mobile app, at station ticket counters or by calling 1-800-USA-RAIL. As always, customers will enjoy plenty of legroom, a generous luggage policy, and scenic routes. Amtrak also offers free Wi-Fi, the freedom to use phones and electronic devices always (no “airplane mode”).
Ridesharing & Taxi Services
Ridesharing and taxi services will utilize an area located inside the Pink Parking Lot, entering and exiting from State Fair Boulevard between gates 3 and 4. Click here to view a map highlighting the rideshare drop-off and pick-up area. This area is not to be used for drop-off and pick-up by non-service type vehicles.
Non-service pick-ups and drop-offs are to utilize pull off areas on either side of State Fair Blvd. near gate 3.
There is no drop off or pick-up at the main gate at any time!
Emergency & Motorist Assistance
Blue Line Towing will be on State Fair property to assist with lockouts, tire service, fuel delivery, and battery jump starts for any motorist needing assistance during the 2023 New York State Fair... just call 315-741-5470.
In the event Blue Line Towing cannot take care of an issue on State Fair property and the vehicle needs to be towed off State Fair property, Blue Line Towing can tow it off-site to a designated service center. In the event the vehicle owner wishes to utilize a different tow company for service, repair, or to tow the vehicle, Blue Line Towing will tow that vehicle to the Byrne Dairy at 759-763 State Fair Blvd. in Lakeland, just about one mile down the road from the State Fairgrounds.
• View the Blue Line Towing Information Sheet
Vehicles parked with improper parking credentials will be towed to the impound lot. The impound lot is in the Gray lot, located inside Gate 7 next to the Parking Office Trailer. Syracuse Parking Services (State Fair Parking) controls the impound lot.
Cost is $30.00 per 24-hour period the car is held in the impound lot. Only cash will be accepted for impounded vehicles. The lot will be staffed around the clock by parking staff assigned to Gate 7.