The New York State Fairgrounds has parking for over 23,000 cars. For nearly all non-Fairtime events parking is free unless noted in an event's details.
During the State Fair parking is available in our designated Orange, Brown, Pink and Gray parking lots at the Fair. Follow signs from exit 7 on 690 East or West. Cost is $5.00 per vehicle. A free shuttle bus service is provided from the Orange parking lot to the Main Gate. E-Z Pass Plus will be accepted in the Brown and Orange lots. Follow the E-ZPass Plus signs for quick, cashless access.
Fairgoers driving to the State Fair with authorized people with disabilities parking tags or license plates can park their vehicles in the paved Accessible Parking Lot located on the west end of the grounds between Gates 10 and 11. Vehicles should enter from State Fair Blvd. at Gate 6 or 7. A free wheelchair accessible tram is available to shuttle those in this paved Accessible Parking Lot. The tram will shuttle guests from the parking lot to Tram Stop 3 behind the Horticulture building. Tram services run from 8:00am until 12:00am and State Fair staff will be in the lot to provide information. There is additional Accessible Parking in the Pink lot which they can enter from State Fair Blvd. across from Gate 3. Please note that both of these lots can accommodate approximately 400 vehicles each. In addition, a limited number of parking spaces for people with disabilities and who have the proper hanging tags or license plates are available in the Brown parking lot, this lot is not paved.
Additional Parking Details:
- All buses, motor coaches and non-overnight RVs/campers should proceed to the Orange Parking Lot to park at a cost of $10.00 per vehicle. Buses should park and drop off their passengers at Shuttle Stop #3 where they will then be brought to the main gate by the Fair’s Centro Bus parking lot shuttle for admission. Passengers will be returned to the same shuttle stop in the Orange Lot from the main gate by the Centro Bus shuttle as well.
- Motorcycle parking is offered in the Pink Parking lot across from Gate 3 at a cost of $3.00 per bike.
- If you leave any of the general parking lots at any point, you must pay the $5.00 cost again to re-enter if you return the same day.
- For those who decide to ride their bicycles to the State Fair, bike racks will be provided at gates 1, 3 and 10.
- Click here learn more about our Daily RV Parking in the Pink Lot during the Fair.
- There is NO overnight parking in any of the Fair's general parking lots.
Centro will once again provide its popular direct service to the New York State Fair. Centro Express buses will regularly depart from State Fair Park-N-Ride locations across Onondaga, Cayuga, and Oswego Counties arriving at the Fair’s Main Gate. Click here for locations and schedules. Centro Ride Passes and transfers will be accepted on all State Fair service buses. Fares and times will vary depending on location. For more information, please contact Centro’s Call Center at (315) 442-3400.
Amtrak Train Service
Amtrak will once again provide this summer service directly to the New York State Fair, offering families a convenient and affordable way to travel to the state's largest annual event this summer. For reservations or information, visit Amtrak.com or call 1-800 USA-RAIL – use Amtrak station code NYF.
Ridesharing & Taxi Services
There are separate pull off areas for cars to drop off and pick-up people that are located between Gates 3 and 4 on both sides of State Fair Boulevard... just look for the signs in these areas.
App-based ridesharing services need to utilize these same areas to drop off and pick-up riders. Fairgoers that use taxi transportation can find service in the area located alongside State Fair Boulevard, between gate 2 and the main gate. This area is not to be used by those driving or using app-based ridesharing services.
There is no drop off or pick-ups at the main gate at any time.
AAA Emergency Roadside Assistance
AAA of Western and Central New York will have expert technicians on-scene throughout the course of the New York Stair Fair to assist members and non-members with any automotive issues they may be experiencing. From a flat tire to a tow — AAA will have you covered.
• View the 2017 AAA at The NYS Fair information sheet