Fairgoers driving to the State Fair with authorized people with disabilities parking tags or license plates can park their vehicles in the paved Accessible Parking Lot located on the west end of the grounds between Gates 10 and 11. Vehicles should enter from State Fair Blvd. at Gate 6 or 7. A free wheelchair accessible tram is available to shuttle those in this paved Accessible Parking Lot. The tram will shuttle guests from the parking lot to Tram Stop 3 behind the Horticulture building. Tram services run from 8:00am until 12:00am and State Fair staff will be in the lot to provide information. There is additional Accessible Parking in the Pink lot which they can enter from State Fair Blvd. across from Gate 3. Please note that both of these lots can accommodate approximately 400 vehicles each. In addition, a limited number of parking spaces for people with disabilities and who have the proper hanging tags or license plates are available in the Brown parking lot, this lot is not paved.
- Cost in all lots is $5.00 per vehicle.
Scooter, Wheelchair, Stroller & Wagon Rental
Scootaround is proud to be the exclusive scooter and wheelchair rental service for the Great New York State Fair in 2019. Rental hours will be 7:30am until close daily. Equipment will be available at four convenient locations: Inside the Main Gate (Gate 1), inside Gate 3, inside Gate 10 and a new location inside Gate11A.
Reserve a scooter or wheelchair today by calling toll free 1.888.441.7575 or click here to book online.
Quantities limited - Reservations recommended.
2019 New York State Fair Rental Rates
Rental Under 4 Hours
- Always use added caution when driving in a crowded area. Equipment must not be used in wet or muddy areas. Equipment must not be driven on sharp inclines or declines.
- Scooter users must be 18 years or age or older.
- Operation of equipment by persons other than the assigned renter is prohibited.
- Scootaround accepts payment by all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Cash payments onsite will be accepted.
- All orders will be booked at the full day rate and the refund will be processed on site if qualified as rental under 4 hours.
- All equipment renters must leave a drivers license, or other type of issued ID with the rental booth while using the equipment. Acceptable forms of ID are drivers license, state ID, membership card with name on it such as AAA, AARP, Sams Club, etc. We can not hold a Credit Card or Business Card.
Again for 2019, all Fair trams will be offered free of charge from 9:00am to 8:00pm, thanks to a sponsorship from Chevrolet. Fairgoers are able to make use of the Fair’s internal tram network to travel around the perimeter road, stopping at 11 scheduled stops.
Limited accessible tram service will run evenings from 8:00-10:00pm. Accessible Parking Lot Shuttle is available at Tram Stop #3 – This shuttle runs from 8:00am until 12:00 midnight.
Tram service stops temporarily from 5:00 - 7:00pm for our six special day parades, and resumes after the parade is finished - these occur on Friday, August 25, and from Monday-Friday, August 28 - September 1.
In addition, new trams will provide non-stop express service between Gate 10 and Gate 12, at the corner of Chevy Court.
The State Fair has accessible restrooms throughout the Fairgrounds. For locations, please pick up one of our Fairgrounds maps at a Guest Relations booth.
The State Fair also has a unisex family restroom at the following locations:
- Dairy Products Building
- The Wegmans Art & Home Center near the Empire Room
- Inside Gate 10
Accessible seating/dining tables areas are available in various locations at the State Fair around Chevy Court and other areas of the Fairgrounds, both indoors & outdoors.
Special Needs Chevy Court Seating
The State Fair provides the following special needs seating options for those attending our free Chevy Court shows:
- Wheelchairs – Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Each Wheelchair is allowed 2 companion seats. Companions seated in the wheelchair section must remain seated.
- Limited-mobility Seating (i.e. walking with canes or crutches) – Available on a first-come, first-served basis. Each limited-mobility seat is allowed 2 companion seats.
- Hearing Impaired – Sign-Language interpreter is provided and a special seating area for hearing impaired is available. Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Vision Impaired – Although there is no special seating area for the vision impaired, Chevy Court has large size video screens to enable the vision impaired to more easily view the stage performers.
NOTE: Special Needs seating in Chevy Court is available on a first-come, first served basis. Although the seating exceeds ADA requirements, these areas often fill well ahead of the scheduled show times.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
The State Fair has interpreter services at many of scheduled events and activities throughout each day of the Fair. Fairgoers also may request interpreters to join their groups. Find schedules of interpreted events and how to contact an interpreter at the Guest Relations center inside Gate 1 in front of the Chevy Court stage. Click any day below to view our interpreter schedule:
- August 22 schedule
- August 23 schedule
- August 24 schedule
- August 25 schedule
- August 26 schedule
- August 27 schedule
- August 28 schedule
- August 29 schedule
- August 30 schedule
- August 31 schedule
- September 1 schedule
- September 2 schedule
- September 3 schedule
Also, the State Fair has TTY service available in our Administration Building, located adjacent to the Main Gate.
Trained service animals are welcome at the New York State Fair. They must be a trained service animal that does work or performs a task for a person with a disability. Guests with these animals must retain control of their animals at all times and must keep them on a leash or harness while visiting. Pets are not allowed to be kept in vehicles while attending the Fair.