Fairgoers driving to the State Fair with authorized people with disabilities parking tags or license plates can park their vehicles in the paved Accessible Parking Lot located on the west end of the grounds between Gates 10 and 11. Vehicles should enter the grounds at Gate 6 - there will be no other public parking inside Gates 6 & 7. Please note that the lot can accommodate approximately 700 vehicles. There is additional Accessible Parking on the paved portion of the Pink lot.
In addition, a limited number of parking spaces for people with disabilities and who have the proper hanging tags or license plates are available in the following parking lots: Orange, Brown, and Pink. These lots are not paved. People with special needs may park in any other lot open to the public.
A free wheelchair accessible tram is available to shuttle those in the paved Accessible Parking Lot. The tram will shuttle guests from the parking lot to Tram Stop 3 behind the Horticulture building. Tram services run from 8:00am until 12:00am and State Fair staff will be in the lot to provide information.
Scooter, Wheelchair, Stroller & Wagon Rental
Vista Mobility Specialists is the exclusive scooter, wheelchair, stroller and wagon rental service for the 2016 New York State Fair. Rental hours will be daily from 7:30am until the last piece of equipment is returned. Equipment will be available for rental at three locations: inside the Main Gate, inside Gate 3 and outside Gate 10.
To reserve a scooter or wheelchair today call 1.813.750.3216 or click here to book online.
Quantities limited – information subject to change.
2016 New York State Fair Rental Rates
Short Day Rental*
|Scooters||$55.00 Cash or $60.00 Credit Card||$40.00|
|* Short Day Rental is any rental after 5:00pm
- Always use added caution when driving in a crowded area. Equipment must not be used in wet or muddy areas. Equipment must not be driven on sharp inclines or declines.
- Scooter users must be 18 years or age or older.
- Operation of equipment by persons other than the assigned renter is prohibited.
- Vista Mobility Specialists accepts payment by major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard and Discover. Cash also accepted for in person rentals.
- All rental items require an ID that has been issued to the renter with their name printed on it, other than a credit card. Preferred ID’s: Driver License or State Issued ID. Other acceptable cards: Insurance Card, AAA, AARP Card or Membership Cards such as Sam’s Club, etc. Picture ID is not a requirement.
New for 2016, all Fair trams will be offered free of charge from 10:00am - 10:00pm, thanks to a sponsorship from Chevrolet. Fairgoers are able to make use of the Fair’s internal tram network to travel around the perimeter road, stopping at 11 scheduled stops. Tram service stops temporarily from 5:15 - 6:45pm for our six special day parades, and resumes after the parade is finished - these occur on Friday, August 26, and from Monday-Friday, August 29 - September 2.
The State Fair has accessible restrooms throughout the Fairgrounds. For locations, please pick up one of our Fairgrounds maps at a Guest Relations booth.
The State Fair also has a unisex family restroom at the following locations:
Accessible seating/dining tables areas are available in various locations at the State Fair around Chevy Court and other areas of the Fairgrounds, both indoors & outdoors.
Special Needs Chevy Court Seating
The State Fair provides the following special needs seating options for those attending our free Chevy Court shows:
- Wheelchairs – Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Each Wheelchair is allowed 2 companion seats. Companions seated in the wheelchair section must remain seated.
- Limited-mobility Seating (i.e. walking with canes or crutches) – Available on a first-come, first-served basis. Each limited-mobility seat is allowed 2 companion seats.
- Hearing Impaired – Sign-Language interpreter is provided and a special seating area for hearing impaired is available. Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Vision Impaired – Although there is no special seating area for the vision impaired, Chevy Court has large size video screens to enable the vision impaired to more easily view the stage performers.
NOTE: Special Needs seating in Chevy Court is available on a first-come, first served basis. Although the seating exceeds ADA requirements, these areas often fill well ahead of the scheduled show times.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
The State Fair has interpreter services at many of scheduled events and activities throughout each day of the Fair. Fairgoers also may request interpreters to join their groups. Find schedules of interpreted events and how to contact an interpreter at the Guest Relations Booth, inside the Main Gate (Gate 1). Click any day below to view our interpreter schedule:
- August 25 interpreter services schedule
- August 26 interpreter services schedule
- August 27 interpreter services schedule
- August 28 interpreter services schedule
- August 29 interpreter services schedule
- August 30 interpreter services schedule
- August 31 interpreter services schedule
- September 1 interpreter services schedule
- September 2 interpreter services schedule
- September 3 interpreter services schedule
- September 4 interpreter services schedule
- September 5 interpreter services schedule
If you need an interpreter during your visit, call or text (315) 335-5928 for assistance.
Service and Companion Animals
Trained service and companion animals are welcome at the New York State Fair. Guests who use service and companion animals must retain control of their animals at all times and must keep them on a leash or harness while visiting.