Important Information for Wholesale & Service Suppliers
Please continue to check this page for the latest information for Wholesale & Service Suppliers for the 2023 New York State Fair.
The Great New York State Fair welcomes wholesale businesses and suppliers of services to our concessionaires.
If you supply food, beverages, merchandise or supplies to Fair vendors or if you repair or replace equipment used by vendors, you must have a license with us to operate during the Fair. Contact (whoever) to begin the process of becoming a wholesaler or service supplier during the Fair.
Here are some things you need to know:
- Wholesalers and service suppliers pay a license fee of $500.
- Each vehicle entering the Fairgrounds must have a permit.
- Each person working on the grounds must have an admission ticket to enter.
- Space for storage may be available and if so, will be available at the Fair’s regular rental rates for space.
- Routine deliveries must be complete and all service vehicles must be off the grounds by 9:00am each day of the Fair. For emergencies or special cases after 9:00am, you must get permission from the Fair’s Concessions Office.
- Food and merchandise wholesalers must turn in to the Fair within 10 days of the end of the Fair a report listing all merchandise or products sold to concessionaires by quantity, type and price.
- Beer, wine and distilled spirits wholesalers must provide a daily report during the Fair and a final report after the Fair of all items sold or returned along with the prices, quantities and descriptions of items sold.
There are other conditions beyond this brief list, so please read the license agreement carefully. Please note that all wholesalers and service suppliers remain independent contractors and do not work for the Fair.
Other important information for potential wholesale and service suppliers:
- Income Tax Form Examples
- Concession and Exhibit Agreement Change Form
- Insurance Regulations and Samples Packet
- When purchasing workers comp or disability insurance from the New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF), please indicate you are a vendor at the 2023 New York State Fair. Your coverage should be in force for the duration of the event, August 20 through September 8 (this includes move in/out dates).
- Requesting a Certificate of Exemption (CE-200)
- Appendix G - Wholesaler & Service Supplier Addendum