» All Spaces in the Empire RV Park have SOLD OUT «
You may continue to check the online reservations page in case of any cancellations,
or you can seek alternate accommodations through our Daily RV Camping program
Empire RV Park Overview:
The Empire RV Park lies within the New York State Fairgrounds, home of the nation’s first and oldest state fair. The Empire RV Park will be available to those renting a space for a 17-night stay - this includes the four nights before, and then the entire 13 nights of the Fair. The 2022 New York State Fair runs from Wednesday, August 24 ending on Labor Day, Monday, September 5.
The Empire RV Park reservation includes a single parking site for one RV for up to a 17-night stay (includes water, electric, sewer and locations for garbage disposal), one vehicle parking permit, and two 13-day admission wristband passes to the Fair (see details about Fairtime hours below). Rental price is $600 plus a $7.25 reservation fee per site. Any vehicle parked without the proper credentials in the Empire RV Park will be removed.
Campsites are supplied with water, electric (120 volt/30amp or 240 volt/50amp), sewer, and locations for garbage disposal. Bathroom and shower facilities are located at the west and east ends of the park. Campers must bring/supply their own water hose, sewer pipe, and electrical cord to reach sewer drop and water/electric hook-ups. For health reasons, all RV’s must have their own holding tanks. Hose stations are provided exclusively for filling holding tanks and other temporary service needs.
Your RV and vehicle should be parked either pulled-in or backed-in, centered on the designated camping site number. RV vehicles, tow vehicles, and other items must fit within the assigned RV site and not impose upon neighboring sites or fire lanes - site sizes vary. You must not encroach on the assigned site of another guest with your RV, slide-outs, pop-ups, awnings, grills, furniture, etc. You may not extend beyond the site allotted in any direction. State Fair management are the sole arbiters of whether a vehicle extends beyond the site. Any vehicle causing a disturbance to neighboring sites, roadways, fire lanes, etc. may be relocated or removed from the property.
- Empire RV Park Site Map
- Empire RV Park Fairgrounds Location Map
- Empire RV Park Terms & Conditions - coming soon
- New York State Fair Rules of Conduct
Season and Booking Window:
The first day to start booking reservations will be Monday, May 2, 2022 at 8:00am. The last day to make a reservation is Friday, August 5, 2022. In order to make a reservation, you must reserve for the entire season: August 20 through September 5, 2022 (17 nights).
All reservations must be made online only.
To cancel a reservation prior to your scheduled arrival, you must do so online by logging into your Reserve America account before Friday, August 12, 2022.
- Cancelling before Friday, August 12, 2022 - Reservation Fee $7.25 + Cancellation Fee $7.25
- No cancellation refunds will be given starting Saturday, August 13, 2022
Please note: All fees are retained if you fail to arrive and do not inform the park of a cancellation in advance.
Campsites are supplied with water, electric (120 volt /30amp or 240 volt/50amp), sewer, and locations for garbage disposal*). Bathroom and shower facilities are located at the west and east ends of the park. Campers must bring/supply their own water hose, sewer pipe, and electrical cord to reach sewer drop and water/electric hook-ups. For health reasons, all RV’s must have their own holding tanks. Hose stations are provided exclusively for filling holding tanks and other temporary service needs.
* All trash must be placed in plastic bags and taken to dumpsters provided for disposal. All areas must be kept free of trash.
- There is no discount/refund if arriving later or departing earlier than your reservation.
- Please note: All fees are retained if you fail to arrive and do not inform the park of a cancellation in advance.
- All RVs must be checked out and off the premises no later than 8:00pm on Tuesday, September 6, 2022 or they will be towed off the grounds at the owner’s expense.
- Check our Empire RV Park Terms and Conditions for rules concerning pets - coming soon!
- The New York State Access Pass/Lifetime Liberty Pass is not accepted at this park.
NEW for 2022 - Fairgrounds hours are Monday through Thursday from 9:00am-11:00pm, Friday through Sunday 9:00am - 12 midnight, with no entry or re-entry after 10:00pm on any day. On Labor Day (Sept. 5) the grounds will fully close at 9:00pm.
• Buildings will be open daily Monday through Thursday from 10:00am-9:00pm, Friday through Sunday 10:00am - 10:00pm. On Labor Day (Sept. 5) buildings will close at 9:00pm.
• At designated closure times, all Fairgoers must exit the grounds.
Wade Shows Midway Hours: The midway opens each day of the State Fair at 11:00am and closes at 11:00pm, except on Labor Day when it closes at 9:00pm. (Closing time subject to change without notice)
The New York State Fairgrounds is located just West of the city of Syracuse in the Town of Geddes, immediately adjacent to I-690 at exit 7. It is easily accessible from the New York State Thruway (I-90) from the West and East, and from I-81, North and South. Just follow signs to the Fairgrounds once you enter the Syracuse area. All vehicles for the Empire RV Park will enter at Gate 7.
- From the West - Buffalo / Rochester Area Take the New York State Thruway (I-90 East) to Exit 39, then follow I-690 East.
- From the East - Albany / Utica Area Take the New York State Thruway (I-90 West) to Exit 34A, follow Rt. 481 South, then follow I-690 West.
- From the North - Watertown Area Take I-81 South into Syracuse to Exit 22. Follow Bear Street (Rt. 298) to I-690 West.
- From the South - Binghamton / Cortland Area Take I-81 North into Syracuse, then follow I-690 West.
- From the New York City / Downstate Area Take best route to Binghamton, N.Y. then take I-81 North into Syracuse, then follow I-690 West.
Address: New York State Fair Empire RV Park, 581 State Fair Blvd., Syracuse, New York 13209
Regular (non-Fair) RV Parking is not allowed on the Fairgrounds unless it is booked directly through a promoter that is hosting an event on the premises. If you would like to contact a specific promoter to arrange this, please email email@example.com for this information.