» All Spaces in the Empire RV Park have SOLD OUT «
If you would like to be put on a waitlist for a space in the Empire RV Park, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
» Please include your name, phone number and number of spots needed in the email «
There is no guarantee however, that your waitlist request will be fulfilled, so you may want to seek
alternate accommodations through our Daily RV Camping program when it becomes available
Empire RV Park Overview:
The Empire RV Park lies within the New York State Fairgrounds, home of the nation’s first and oldest state fair. The Empire RV Park will be available to those renting a space for a 17-night stay - this includes the four nights before, and then the entire 13 nights of the Fair. The 2023 New York State Fair runs from Wednesday, August 23 ending on Labor Day, Monday, September 4.
The Empire RV Park reservation includes a single parking site for one RV for up to a 17-night stay (includes water, electric, sewer and locations for garbage disposal). Rental price is $560 plus a $7.25 reservation fee per site. Any vehicle parked without the proper credentials in the Empire RV Park will be removed.
NEW! Fair admission tickets must be purchased separately this year when ticket sales go live in July. RV Visitors must purchase Frequent Fairgoer ticket(s) for $20/per person, and be prepared to present this upon RV check-in. Fair admission is free for children (those who are 12 years old and under), and seniors (those who are 65 years old and older). Anyone who is between 13 years old and 64 years old - who is arriving in an RV or accompanying vehicle - must present Frequent Fairgoer ticket(s) upon arrival. RV visitors will receive a wristband when leaving the Fairgrounds, which must be shown to Gate security in order to return. Once tickets are ready for online sales, the link will be posted at The Fair website's homepage, and available here.
Campsites are supplied with water, electric (120 volt/30amp or 240 volt/50amp), sewer, and locations for garbage disposal. Campers must bring/supply their own water hose, sewer pipe, and electrical cord to reach sewer drop and water/electric hook-ups. Bathroom and shower facilities are located at the west and east ends of the park. For health reasons, all RVs must have their own holding tanks. Hose stations are provided exclusively for filling holding tanks and other temporary service needs.
Your RV and vehicle should be parked either pulled-in or backed-in, centered on the designated camping site number. RV vehicles, tow vehicles, and other items must fit within the assigned RV site and not impose upon neighboring sites or fire lanes - site sizes vary. You must not encroach on the assigned site of another guest with your RV, slide-outs, pop-ups, awnings, grills, furniture, etc. You may not extend beyond the site allotted in any direction. State Fair management are the sole arbiters of whether a vehicle extends beyond the site. Any vehicle causing a disturbance to neighboring sites, roadways, fire lanes, etc. may be relocated or removed from the property.
- Empire RV Park Site Map
- Empire RV Park Fairgrounds Location Map
- Empire RV Park Terms & Conditions
- New York State Fair Rules of Conduct
Season and Booking Window:
The first day to start booking reservations will be June 12, 2023 at 8:00am. The last day to make a reservation is Friday, August 4, 2023. In order to make a reservation, you must reserve for the entire season: August 19 through September 4, 2023 (17 nights) - move out is by September 5 at 8:00am.
Reservations can be made online only. Call Reserve America at 1-800-456-2267 if you have any issues or questions.
Details about the 2023 Daily RV Camping program can be found here.
To cancel a reservation prior to your scheduled arrival, you must do so online by logging into your Reserve America account before Friday, August 11, 2023.
- Cancelling before and including Friday, August 11, 2023 - Reservation Fee $7.25 + Cancellation Fee $7.25.
- No cancellation refunds will be given after Saturday, August 12, 2023.
Please note, all fees will be retained if you do not show up and do not cancel in advance.
Campsites are supplied with water, electric (120 volt/30amp or 240 volt/50amp), sewer, and locations for garbage disposal*. Campers must bring/supply their own water hose, sewer pipe, and electrical cord to reach sewer drop and water/electric hook-ups. Bathroom and shower facilities are located at the west and east ends of the park. For health reasons, all RVs must have their own holding tanks. Hose stations are provided exclusively for filling holding tanks and other temporary service needs.
* All trash must be placed in plastic bags and taken to dumpsters provided for disposal. All areas must be kept free of trash.
Additional Details to Note:
- No discount or refund will be provided in the event you arrive later or depart earlier than your reservation dates.
- The New York State Access Pass/Lifetime Liberty Pass is not accepted at this park.
- All fees are retained if you do not arrive and do not inform the park of a cancellation in advance.
- All RVs must be checked out and off the premises no later than 8:00am on Tuesday, September 5, 2023 or they will be towed off the grounds at the owner’s expense.
- For details about pets, read through our Empire RV Park Terms and Conditions.
- Questions? Email email@example.com
Operating Hours at the State Fair are 9:00am – 11:00pm daily*, with no entry or re-entry after 10:00pm.
Building Hours: Buildings will be open Monday – Thursday from 10:00am to 9:00pm, and on Friday – Sunday from 10:00am to 10:00pm with two exceptions:
• The Daniel Parrish Witter Agriculture Museum will be open daily from 10:00am to 7:00pm, and the Wegmans Art & Home Center will be open daily from 10:00am to 8:00pm.
*On Labor Day, September 4, the grounds will close at 9:00pm, with no entry or re-entry after 8:00pm – All buildings will close by 9:00pm.
Wade Shows Midway Hours: The Midway will be open from 11:00am to 11:00pm daily, except on Labor Day, September 4, when it closes at 9:00pm. Please note, the Midway’s closing time is subject to change with little notice in the event of inclement weather or other uncontrollable situations. Please follow the State Fair’s social media accounts for updates in real time. The Fair’s Facebook story, Twitter feed, and Instagram story will be most up-to-date.
Guest Relations Hours: For the convenience of guests, there are four Guest Relations sites located throughout the Fairgrounds (see locations listed below). Hours of Guest Relations are 9:00am – 8:30pm daily.
Alcohol Policy Hours: The time for last pour of alcoholic beverages for all vendors shall be 10:30pm every day, except Labor Day when it will be 8:30pm.
The New York State Fairgrounds is located just West of the city of Syracuse in the Town of Geddes, immediately adjacent to I-690 at exit 7. It is easily accessible from the New York State Thruway (I-90) from the West and East, and from I-81, North and South. Just follow signs to the Fairgrounds once you enter the Syracuse area. All vehicles for the Empire RV Park will enter at Gate 7.
- From the West - Buffalo / Rochester Area Take the New York State Thruway (I-90 East) to Exit 39, then follow I-690 East.
- From the East - Albany / Utica Area Take the New York State Thruway (I-90 West) to Exit 34A, follow Rt. 481 South, then follow I-690 West.
- From the North - Watertown Area Take I-81 South into Syracuse to Exit 22. Follow Bear Street (Rt. 298) to I-690 West.
- From the South - Binghamton / Cortland Area Take I-81 North into Syracuse, then follow I-690 West.
- From the New York City / Downstate Area Take best route to Binghamton, N.Y. then take I-81 North into Syracuse, then follow I-690 West.
Address: New York State Fair Empire RV Park, 581 State Fair Blvd., Syracuse, New York 13209
If you are planning on reserving a site at the Empire RV Park in connection to a show/event taking place at the Fairgrounds,
you must book directly through the show promoter that is hosting the show/event you are attending.
Please view our online event calendar listings to find contact information for a specific promoter.